2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought 2 of these tyres (205 55 r16 v) for the front of my Civic 2.2. I was on a tight budget so just went for the cheapest. I've always bought cheap tyres for my cars and never had an issue with them so I assumed this time would be no different.

They have ruined the way the Civic drives and handles- even in a straight line on the motorway it doesn't feel settled. They feel like they are slightly deflated but when I checked the pressure was fine. The worst thing though is the amount of noise they make! Did a 200 mile motorway trip last night and even with the music turned up I could still hear them! It was almost like I was driving on the hard shoulder the whole time.

I don't know a lot about tyres- some people have said maybe after a bit of time the noise will decrease. But any budget tyre I've ever had before has given me no trouble from the start. I was also wondering if putting them on the rear would be any better?

Any advice or similar experiences would be most helpful. I want to start enjoying driving my Civic again!

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Never skimp on tyres, you got lucky before or didn't notice, but you get what you pay for.

Everything will be affected, ride, comfort, handeling, dry grip, wet grip, braking distances.

Again, don't skimp on something that could save your life and is the only thing keeping your car on the tarmac.

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
I agree with JP, the four small patches of rubber is all what keeps you on the road. Dont skimp :(

Reactions: michael338

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
don't skimp on something that could save your life and is the only thing keeping your car on the tarmac.
+1..

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
At least you know better for next time :D You never know when you need max power on brakes or steering.

FK452 are a good tyre too! they look way cool

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
On my previous cars I use to go for part worns, budget but not anymore it's not worth it!

Buying a reliable brand, will last longer and give you a better ride.

Now I go for at least mid-range, I've had fk452's they're great. I'll be changing my rears soon, not sure yet what to go for, maybe toyo's, fk452 or hankook's.

·
Twisted by the Dark side
1,278 Posts

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Had 2 of these fullrun tyres put on our civic Saturday morning (part worn) and the first thing i heard was the road noise just after 30mph and just under 60mph. Then when i got up in to Sunderland it had rained a little bit, and it felt a bit twitchy going around a bend so i felt nervous every bend after. Luckily it was dry coming back to Stoke yesterday but i think i will change the front to back this weekend.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.