2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's the thing.I have seen threads on here advising that the auto lights and auto wipers are turned off when going on holuiday, so when the wife and i went to Portugal 3 weeks ago, i did just that. When we returned this sunday, the battery was flat. Not completely as the dash lights still lit up, but there was not enough power to start the car.After getting the breakdown people out to jump it, I gave it a good hours run then called at the local petrol station to pick up some snacks.Through force of habit i locked the car as i went into the shop, despite the wife being in it.Next thing i know, she comes running in telling me the alarm is going off. I go out and sure enough, lights are flashing and horn is sounding.The funny thing?Before we went away, if the alarm went off, all i got was flashing lights!</p>

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Well the alarm obviously went off as you had armed it and your wife was in the car so her movement triggered it.
When my alarm is triggered, I get the lights flashing aswell as the siren, it's strange that this is the first time it's happened for you

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have seen on here many have had the silent alarm with just the flashing lights. Didn't expect the noise to start working after the battery had gone flat!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts