2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks

Long story short i ran into the roadside to avoid an overtaker who'd made a mis jusdgement in spacing!!

ripped the wall of my tyre...no big deal got the tyre replaced...but it was quite a bang.

since then my radio, the radio a/c display and the key fobs locking the car do not work. The air con functions but you just cant see it on the display. The locking works fine when in the car(all 4 doors lock)

From reading around its possible that fuse 16 under the hood needs replacing. Only problem is that i cannot work out which is 16. The actual fusebox isnt a match for whats in my manual!

Picture attached....1.8 ES 5 door 2009 Petrol.

Wonder if anyone can identify which would be 16?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8HnsYbRAc8JR3Z4RlRCVFltRjQ/view?usp=sharing

·
Registered
103 Posts
I think if you look on the underside of the fuse lid there should be a legend with all the fuse numbers. Is that what your after?

Sent from my HTC One_** using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is indeed a chart, but it doesnt quite match what the fusebox looks like, i was hoping someone would know the layout as google so far hasnt turned up anything!

·
Administrator
21,170 Posts
Have you got a multimeter handy?

You can use the continuity function to test all the fuses without taking them out.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Fuse 16 is the 15A (blue fuse) which in your picture is in the R/H column of fuses below the large 20A which is below the grey relay.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So i got the multi meter out, ive no great experience of it, but i had it switched to looks like a continuity setting.

Touch the 2 end together and i get 0.00, check the fuses and i get 0.00, on fuse 16 i get -1.

Bought a box of fuses and replaced it, each time i try (twice) the new fuse blows immediately.......any suggestions?

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
If you keep blowing a fuse, then something on that circuit is at fault.

It could be a chaffed wire, pin shorting/touching or a failed component.

Time to unplug items on that circuit until you find the fault.

Or call an auto electrician ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you keep blowing a fuse, then something on that circuit is at fault.

It could be a chaffed wire, pin shorting/touching or a failed component.

Time to unplug items on that circuit until you find the fault.

Or call an auto electrician ;)

auto electrician it is, we're gone beyond my level so id prob do more harm than good, ill look up the local experts!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
@xgtdec

Did you manage to solve the problem?

I am experiencing all the same symptoms - Alarm & Remote locking, Sat Nav, Info Display have all stopped working.

The car was fine yesterday. I have checked all of the fuses and tried replacing no. 16 and the new fuses keep blowing...

Really worried now...my little sister drives the car daily and is freaking out!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Apologies and i imagine you have this sorted by now!

I ended up bringing it to an auto electrical place as i couldnt find the source of the short.

took them about 2 hours and gave it back with everything working.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts