2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was driving home around 10pm last night and a bus kept on flashing. I stuck my head out and he said I got no rear lights!

So I parked up and he was right. Apart form brake and reverse, rear fog no other lights are working in the rear.

Main headlights are working but not the front side lights. Front and rear fog lights are working.

So what I have found out is, when I twist the stalk to one, I should get rear tail and front side lights plus interior lights for dash except I don't. If I twist again which is auto, twist again I get headlights only but not rear or front sidelights?

Anyone know what the issue is or which fuse to check?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there a fuse for just the exterior lights that have been affected.

I will check the bulbs but don't really want to also pull out each fuse to check if their blown

·
4,200 Posts
From Kremmen's link, post #3
according to my data cd
fuse 14 is interior lights
fuse 15 is number plate and tail lights (probably tail lights aswell)
Did you even bother to take the link?
[sarcasm mode] As your tail and number plate lights are out, fuse 15 seems a likely candidate to me [/sarcasm mode]

·
Super Moderator
20,985 Posts
Being as your fuses have blown before I'd get it checked by an auto electrician.

No rear lights can be fatal.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've checked fuse 15 looks normal and also put in a new fuse (7.5) made no difference.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The only lights exterior lights I have are all fogs, main headlights, indicators and reverse. I do have coming home lights installed but if I unplug that makes no difference. Any tips?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok got a mechanic to check things over, he thinks it the cree led lights that I have at the front and number plates might have caused the issue. Anyway issue was resolved, one of the number plate bulbs blew which caused fuse to blow.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
14 and 15 have been replaced.
A multimeter was used and 14 and 15 were not lighting up.
Advise was given to avoid using cheap cree/led lights as when they blow causes knock on affect on others.
I've put the original halogen lights on for now.

·
Super Moderator
20,985 Posts
I said use a multimeter on continuity test mode.

That would have shown up those 2 fuses in an instant.

We used to have a seller on here who allegedly sold fake Chinese Cree bulbs. I was sent a photo of one of his v a genuine one side by side.
No one complained so little we could do.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Paid the mechanic tenner for his diagnostic and gave me two pairs of bulbs for from and rear. where is a good place to purchase Cree bulbs?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts