2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Does anyone know what the fuse does that is located on the positive connection on the battery? I ask because this looks like its blown!

·
Aussie Team
22 Posts
maybe..

I believe it is under the case located on the battery, you need to press the sides of the red case to remove the top case, it then goes around and through a fuse. At least it does with my AU Type R. ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Aussie

Ye i can see the fuse clearly but do you know what its protecting? I ask because my internal fans are not working anymore after jump starting my car and im wandering if this fuse maybe has something to do with it?

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ye i think ill do that. I also had a look last night in the fuse box under the bonnet. There are 2 relays; a black one and a grey one. I took the black one out and it had a rattle? I'm no electrician but I'm pretty sure that's not right?

Unfortunately the manual is not very clear with the relays, but by the looks of it the black one is for the air-con and the grey one i have no clue? Is anyone able to shed some light on this?

As i said before, everything to do with the climate control seems to be fine when looking on the sat nav screen. I can see the fan speed bars go up and down and the air-con turns off and on but nothing happens?

Really frustrating!!!!

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,255 Posts
The only item I can think of that would need permanent power like that is the alarm.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
I'm under the understanding that the fuse there is to protect the electrial system and may be blown if the wrong connection has been made when jumpstarting (wrong polarity etc) However, i'd have thought that is that fuse was blown, none of the electrics would function, not just the fans. Check the relays first and if needs be, try another to see if the system works, replace one by one and eventually it'll work out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts