2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new Type r yesterday,got it home and left it for 20 minutes went back out to it and noticed i had no radio working or climate display no central locking and the boot was jammed!!!! I went straight back to the dealer which found the problem straight away which was a faulty fuse socket for one of the main fuses.I was not too impressed!
Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just an update on my above fuse problem.Car has failed on me three times now the last being on Sunday unable to unlock car therefore turn off alarm/immobiliser etc.
Called supplying Honda dealer which is 5 miles away from my house on Monday 8.30,they were not willing to come out to my 10 day old car and assist as their technicians were too busy!!!!
Finally had to give in and let the AA attend who sent out a van instead of a recovery truck which was requested.5 hours after I first called the dealer my car was finally picked up by the AA after I helped push the car out of my garage with the patrolman!
A full 24 hours passed and I had no call from the dealer to say they received the car or when I should expect the car back and I had no loan car.I then called the dealer the following day and they advised a new fuse board was ordered and due to be fixed Wednesday.
I got the car brought back to my house that afternoon,job done.Then on inspection of the car under the bonnet they had scratched and chipped off the paint around the fuse box quite badly.
I am not willing to have the car re sprayed under the bonnet as I think this is not acceptable so therefore I am going into the dealers to reject the car and either get my money back or a replacement car.
Not happy this is just not acceptable on a 10 day old car with 165 miles on it having cost £18K.:(:(:(
What do you guys think about this?

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Whilst I can fully appreciate your feelings on this (I wouldn't be too happy either!), I think you might have an uphill struggle to reject it :(

You might also want to bear in mind that the rejection process can take some time (especially if the fault has been fixed).
And then you would also have the hassle of waiting for the replacement - with delivery times currently being banded around of January :(

It's not good - but make sure whichever route you take, you take it with eyes open :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
That's bad news :( I agree with degs the rejection route is really hard!

Personally I would go and make a major fuss in the middle of the dealers to get their attention and then use my bad experience to my advantage. They need to put this right for you so are there any extras you wanted that you did not get??? Get them to make you an offer to put this right for you!

As for spraying under the bonnet - I know how you feel but this can be done no problem and it would obviously need to be carried out to your satisfaction :)

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
I would them respray it but would check it before you pick it up to ensure that it is perfect.
Might be worth keeping an incident log and finding out who your local tranding standards are!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just an update on my above fuse problem.Car has failed on me three times now the last being on Sunday unable to unlock car therefore turn off alarm/immobiliser etc.
Called supplying Honda dealer which is 5 miles away from my house on Monday 8.30,they were not willing to come out to my 10 day old car and assist as their technicians were too busy!!!!
Finally had to give in and let the AA attend who sent out a van instead of a recovery truck which was requested.5 hours after I first called the dealer my car was finally picked up by the AA after I helped push the car out of my garage with the patrolman!
A full 24 hours passed and I had no call from the dealer to say they received the car or when I should expect the car back and I had no loan car.I then called the dealer the following day and they advised a new fuse board was ordered and due to be fixed Wednesday.
I got the car brought back to my house that afternoon,job done.Then on inspection of the car under the bonnet they had scratched and chipped off the paint around the fuse box quite badly.
I am not willing to have the car re sprayed under the bonnet as I think this is not acceptable so therefore I am going into the dealers to reject the car and either get my money back or a replacement car.
Not happy this is just not acceptable on a 10 day old car with 165 miles on it having cost £18K.:(:(:(
What do you guys think about this?
This is totally unacceptable, and the sort of treatment I expect from VW, are Honda stealers not supposed to treat their customers well?

Our car was bought as an ex-demo and none of the interior lights or the 12v socket in the boot are functioning. Haven't had a chance to check if it's the fuse yet as I work away a lot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts