2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I recently sold my old mint condition Mercedes that I had had for close to 10 years and this left an empty space in the garage.

Can't have that now can we? :D

So today I bought myself a nice rust free low mileage one careful lady owner MX-5.

Cue hairdresser comments.... :popcorn2:

It's a 2004 NBFL (mk 2,5) 1,8 Sport.
Sport means it has upgraded Bilstein shocks, 6 speed gearbox, front strut brace, LSD, front fog lights and leather.

It's not super fast (my remapped Volvo is quicker) but it's loads of fun to drive.

I also test drove a modded car.. stainless steel exhaust, lowered, nice wheels etc... I think I need some mods... :D

It's pouring down with rain here today, the trip home was 100 miles of rain drenched motorway driving which is not what this car was built for, but also this means I don't have any pics of my own yet.

But, I took these off the interweb advert.

mx-5b.jpg

mx-5a.jpg

3533506940.jpg

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still the best selling small sports car in the world.
NO - it's not a hairdressers car FWH.
Tis a cracking little motor.:)
Thanks. :D

I looked at the current model (NC) but didn't like it as much.
It's "grown up" too much.

The old NA and NB are much more fun in my opinion.

The upcoming ND version is rumoured to be more "back to basics", but we shall see.

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
Excellent looking car FWH. Congratulations :D

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
That's right - they did.;)
It's all coming back to me now.
I don't think that it was ever really made public as to why Chapman killed himself, but some shady dealings were talked about. ?
When I built my kit form Lotus 7 all those years ago, he couldn't have done much worse, if he had hand written the basic instructions that came with it.
It worked out fine though, with the Ford 105e engine in it.

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
very nice car! I'm unsure if you get 'summer' in Sweden though....nevertheless, welcome to the topless club!

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Very nice indeed - but, I'm afraid that Summer this year will be a theory only ! ...

p.s. - bringing your scissors and comb etc. to Trondheim ? :p ...

1 - 20 of 107 Posts