2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Use both got G1 on the other halfs nanolex on mine and when doing people's cars I use g3. Wouldn't say G1 was difficult to apply yes it is more fidilie but like all Gtechniq products it spread very easily. Use an IPA (g2) to buff off left over residue. Bit more work initially than g3 but lasts around 4 times longer.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just watched a video i think i still want to do it properly to last a long time.

Nano Polish first then G1 3x coats on a windscreen then 1x coat on all other windows. Then G2 to remove residue then buff off.

Anyone fancy helping?

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
Alan had it on his Octavia before the windscreen cracked. He said it took a bit of buffing off
G3 is as good, easier to apply and buff but needs about 3 applications a year except one

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alan had it on his Octavia before the windscreen cracked. He said it took a bit of buffing off
G3 is as good, easier to apply and buff but needs about 3 applications a year except one
I wasnt sure why that was. was it because of the G1? I hope not?!

I know sounds good but would like it done maybe professionally see if Shinarama will do it for me at the event for free if i buy some products.

Im currently drawing up a wish list including a tool bag like yours.

Ill post it in another thread after some research. Would you recommend the G4?

·
haterz gonna hate
1,122 Posts
I wasnt sure why that was. was it because of the G1? I hope not?!

I know sounds good but would like it done maybe professionally see if Shinarama will do it for me at the event for free if i buy some products.

Im currently drawing up a wish list including a tool bag like yours.

Ill post it in another thread after some research. Would you recommend the G4?
There's only Phil at Shinearama in a position to apply it for you tbh, and he's not there, he's at the KDS meet down south on the same day. I can do it for you though, or at least help you apply it yourself.

·
haterz gonna hate
1,122 Posts
I can do it before/during/after mate - makes no difference. I'm going to showing everyone who attends what they want to see, and things like this are all a part of detailing. It's a detailing event, rather than say a Honda Civic meet.

£10 for G3 or £20 for G1, I have both already, so you wouldn't need to buy any. I'd have to polish the screen first with G4 (which I also have).

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
i have G1 on mine and its great stuff but i have found that you need a clean window for it to work, eg after the snow there was a lot of sault on the roads ect and after a few weeks this started to stop the G1 working as well but after a little wash it was fine. AT 40 plus MPH it works really well. Not hard to apply if you take your time, the youtube video is what i used as well as the instructions

tip where people normally go wrong is they try and use a mircofirbre to remove the product, this wont work you need a cotton cloth, if you go wrong then contact Gtechniq direct and they help you remove the G1 as is so good its a pain to remove.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I can do it before/during/after mate - makes no difference. I'm going to showing everyone who attends what they want to see, and things like this are all a part of detailing. It's a detailing event, rather than say a Honda Civic meet.

£10 for G3 or £20 for G1, I have both already, so you wouldn't need to buy any. I'd have to polish the screen first with G4 (which I also have).
So shall we say during the event or even before i want the screen and the other windows doing as well though. So you do not need me to purchase anything?

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
i have G1 on mine and its great stuff but i have found that you need a clean window for it to work, eg after the snow there was a lot of sault on the roads ect and after a few weeks this started to stop the G1 working as well but after a little wash it was fine. AT 40 plus MPH it works really well. Not hard to apply if you take your time, the youtube video is what i used as well as the instructions

tip where people normally go wrong is they try and use a mircofirbre to remove the product, this wont work you need a cotton cloth, if you go wrong then contact Gtechniq direct and they help you remove the G1 as is so good its a pain to remove.
That is a good advice.
If I may add that a key factor to G1/G3 performance is proper cleaning and preperation prior to application. At least one go with G4 or some other glass polish will benefit the nonocoats to a much better bonding process and hence better perfomance speccially in durability.

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
That is a good advice.
If I may add that a key factor to G1/G3 performance is proper cleaning and preperation prior to application. At least one go with G4 or some other glass polish will benefit the nonocoats to a much better bonding process and hence better perfomance speccially in durability.
agree 100%

also remember to clean your wipers or fit new ones which is what ive had to do as i forgot to clean mine:facepalm:.If your window feels a bit dirty still after a wash its worth giving it a quick clay.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
I'm pretty suer you can apply G1 then G3 on top for a mixture of endurance and water repellency at low speed.

Suggest you pose the question the Gtechniq before doing anything but I'm sure I saw it posted as being done over at DW.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.