2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Im wanting a nice cheap mod for my Type S and have decided on a gaiter and knob, i have seen a few threads on here on the subject which have all been helpful and pointed me in right direction, I think im going to put a Type R knob on but the gaiter im torn between the TT Alacantra one and the leather version, im not seen either in flesh.

Any one on here got a preference or a pic so i can crack on and get ordering :)

Thanks

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
IMHO ...

Putting a Gaiter on a gear shift lever, is like installing Walnut veneer inserts to the dashboard - quaint, yet hardly 'hi-tech' ...

:facepalm:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Am I the only person that actually like's the default civic gaiter? :(
I love the look of the OEM one. If only mine didn't commit suicide I would have loved to keep it. It matches the perforations and stitching on the steering wheel perfectly.

To OP, I bought the alcantara one but they sent me a leather one by accident. They then resent the correct one so I now have both. I'm using the alcantara/suede one to match my seats. I bought the cover for the arm rest as well so they are all matching.

The leather one looks really nice but the leather doesn't really match anything else in the car. it's also very thick so I didn't like the way it sat below the gear knob but that is personal preference.

Just keep in mind the Alcantara/suede quality is no where near the OEM Alcantara on the seats but it does match well and I'm quite happy with mine. The leather one is just sitting here doing nothing. I would give it to you cheap but it will cost me more than I paid just to post it to you!!!

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks all, im undecided what to do at minute i like both looks so i will probably just do it on spur of the moment!

am i right in thinking a few folks on here just have the skunk2 and no gaiter? any pics out there so i can see what it looks like?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Lol mine didn't quite when I first screwed it down....... After a small amount of effort it did.........although I was a little worried about the thread but the oem one went back on fine so its all good :)

As you can see mine lines up fine :)

Dave

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.