2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, was wondering if anyone knew the price of the type r gaitor from honda? Having some work done by them soon so was going to ask them to do this at the same time if its not too expensive! Thanks

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate, will have a look. Any ideas what they are from honda just out of interest? Like to keep things original were possible. Cheers

·
Registered
555 Posts

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
I need to replace mine as well.

Is the one from ebay better than the one from honda then ? and is it easy to install?
Yes its actually leather for a start. I've seena few fitted and will be getting myself one when I get my skunk II

·
Registered
25 Posts
So what's the method for replacing it? Is the locating ring a snap fit and just a case of 'pinging' it off with a flat blade or is it something more sinister!

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
How did you get a gear gaitor done under warrantee?

I noticed mine was splitting at the top but surely wear and tear and therefore not covered?
I just took it in and showed the dealer, he said he's had a few go so changed it under warranty.

What tends to happen is where the gaiter folds at the top around the shift knob, splits and for that reason you can get it done under warranty.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
I just took it in and showed the dealer, he said he's had a few go so changed it under warranty.

What tends to happen is where the gaiter folds at the top around the shift knob, splits and for that reason you can get it done under warranty.
Bugger, mine is now out of warranty by a few months. Was thinking of colouring the split with grey paint...

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
I did a write up on how to replace the gear stick gaitor a while ago. You can find it here. Hope it helps

·
Registered
35 Posts
Looks amazing and bet it feels it too
Never taken the the FN2's shape especially when wanting a quick gear change
thanks alot :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts