2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hi mate,

please describe the fitting process? Are the "side stripes" glued or do they attach with screws. What about the front bumper? was it easy?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sides are double sided tape and screwed cannot come off.The original sides are slid off to the rear wheels,underneath are drilling points already marked out on the inner side 2 templates are supplied for the only 2 holes that are not previous marked you drill eight 5mm holes then the double sided tape coating is pulled back an inch place the new sill against the old loosely fix the screws in place then pull the rest of the tape backing off,tighten all screws the tape is very very strong stuff and will not come away as long as you make sure the original sill is clean (cleaning wipes and screws supplied.
The whole front has to come off which is only fixed on with the plastic push through clips, pull the wheel arch plastics away then release the whole off the front end wich is quite easy.The front end comes in 2 halves top and bottom ,unclip these then replace lower half with new part then replace whole section back onto car.
I was worried about damaging the painted front half because abit off brute force was needed when taking it off ,but its plastic and very very flexable basically it just unclips from the car.
Any thing else let me know .

·
Registered
277 Posts
scol78 - an excellent job ! I'm not sure I would have been brave enough but at least doing it yourself you can take special care. Did you get a quote from the dealer if they fitted it ? If so did they quote how long it would take them ?

Car looks gleaming.

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Whats the difference between the 'image kit', and the 'grand prix' kit????

If I'm not mistaken, that front splitter on your (which looks awesome BTW!!! 8) 8) 8) ) is the very same one that comes in the 'grand prix' pack........

·
Registered
421 Posts
drool drool drool lol i want that kit, so its just the image kit?? do you get all of that in it and is that price of £1500 the pack including fitting??
thanks Andrea XX

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
I wish I had gone for the Image pack, went completely the other way and went for the "safe" option, City Pack (bumper protectors and door protectors), it looks fantastic.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Galaxy Grey image pack

scol78, This looks absoluely fantastic, good job

What was the lead time on getting the kit? I don't see too many problems with fitting however the car we have also has a detachable towbar fitted... do you think that would interfere with or prohibit fitting the rear section?

It would really set off my number plates as well!

cheers!

·
Enthusiastic Supporter
627 Posts
Front Spoiler - YES PLEASE

I really like the front spoiler but apparently Honda won't sell it on its own - something to do with aerodynamics (I'm sure!!!!!). It must be available on its own (for insurance purposes).

If anyone knows if it is possible to get just the front spoiler on its own (pref painted) could they let me know some details please (already have the rear hatch spoiler - freeby on the sport!).

Thanks

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Have you asked at the dealers, beacause i think they will sell you any part from the kit

1 - 20 of 34 Posts