2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when I brought the car 1 year ago I took out Gap with the dealer through Black horse, I am selling my EX to my parents and buying a Focus ST but can I change the remainder of gap to my new car or transfer it to my parents or is it just lost?

Thanks

Mark

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Im pretty sure its non-transferable!
Although I suppose different providers may have different policies, but my Honda dealer definitly said it wouldn't be transferable. Plus I had some remaining on my trade in and got nothing for that.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
sorry but you have lost the GAP it is non transferable or refundable i take it out on all my new cars.

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
when I brought the car 1 year ago I took out Gap with the dealer through Black horse, I am selling my EX to my parents and buying a Focus ST but can I change the remainder of gap to my new car or transfer it to my parents or is it just lost?

Thanks

Mark
Why dont you keep your name on the log book. That way your gap will remain intact

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Why dont you keep your name on the log book. That way your gap will remain intact
I thought that too, nothing to stop you remaining the registered keeper. Unless your Mum and Dad are going to run up a load of parking fines. [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Looking around on the net you can get GAP insurance for as little as £130 for 3 years and £10,000 claim limit which is what the dealers offer.
Bargain compared to what the dealers charge for the same cover.

sorry for going off topic, but maybe of interest in future to other members.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought that too, nothing to stop you remaining the registered keeper. Unless your Mum and Dad are going to run up a load of parking fines. [smilie=cheeky-grin:[/quote]

thats more hassle than it's worth for the sake of £200, but I am going to contact them on Monday and see if they will give a discount for a new policy for the new car or transfer it (you never know)

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
thats more hassle than it's worth for the sake of £200, but I am going to contact them on Monday and see if they will give a discount for a new policy for the new car or transfer it (you never know)
Yes you're right, it would be a lot of trouble for the sake of £200. It's worth a try transferring it though, good luck!! ;)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
phoned up today and got a result (for parents anyway) they have transfered the last 2 years to my Moms name.
I have got to buy new GAP when my car comes now :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
phoned up today and got a result (for parents anyway) they have transfered the last 2 years to my Moms name.
I have got to buy new GAP when my car comes now :rolleyes:

Good to hear, a company that uses its common sense and not just wants to try and wriggle out of its commitments. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts