2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Ah, well I'm fitting mine tommorow so can only properly comment then :eek:

I went for the OEM Honda Panel, as I was worried about the fitment. I did see reports of the Connects2 panel not fitting properly!!

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never read any reviews :(
I hope yours fits better if your went for the oem one. someone said that the connects2 one was better because the brackets fitted better than the cage you get with the oem one, but if the fascia itself doesn't fit properly what chance have we got lol

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
this happened to mine mate when i installed my DD.

No matter how hard i pushed, it never slotted in. I got round it by starting on that side first, the right was a bit of a pain but went in eventually.

To be honest, im still not 100% satisfied with the fitment even though it sits flush, so will get the OEM one in the near future

·
Registered
488 Posts
For those having issues, did you remember to use the spring clips off your old Honda facia?

These have to be transferred over when using the Connects2.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Sorry to change the subject but how do you get the date to come up under the time, mine always comes up as "honda civic"

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
There is a lead on the connects2 wiring (blue?). If you connect it to +12v you get 'Honda Civic'.

If you leave it unconnected, you will get the date.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
+1 on the above - I had to refit mine due to a failure of the module and didn't connect it up the second time to get the date.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
I had that problem when I fitted mine. I cut out the section on the bottom left,checked for obstructions and could'nt find the problem. So after faffing with it for over an hour I gave it a short hard punch in temper and it just clicked in. *

*I am in no way endorsing violence to your fascia and will not be held responsible for any breakages :)

·
Registered
488 Posts
Is there also a wire that needs to be connected for an aerial amplifier?
You should have an aerial adaptor? It will have an.. Aerial end! and a blue wire. This needs a 12v feed.

I used to remote control power feed from my F950BT.

DON'T Confuse this with the Blue wire on the main Connects2 Harness. That has a blue and a pink wire, the Pink wire is the Pulse Speed Data, and the blue is to be taped up and ignored.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You should have an aerial adaptor? It will have an.. Aerial end! and a blue wire. This needs a 12v feed.

I used to remote control power feed from my F950BT.

DON'T Confuse this with the Blue wire on the main Connects2 Harness. That has a blue and a pink wire, the Pink wire is the Pulse Speed Data, and the blue is to be taped up and ignored.
thanks mate, looks like its coming back out.
yes I have an aerial adaptor, with a blue wire on it. I think I was missing a set of instructions with my kit. the only instructions that came with mine was the ones telling you how to connect the steering wheel controls and set the clock.
what is the speed pulse data one for?

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had that problem when I fitted mine. I cut out the section on the bottom left,checked for obstructions and could'nt find the problem. So after faffing with it for over an hour I gave it a short hard punch in temper and it just clicked in. *

*I am in no way endorsing violence to your fascia and will not be held responsible for any breakages :)
lol if in doubt, give it a punch lol

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
The speed pulse wire is for linking up the sat nav so it can read the cars speed.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts