2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I took my car to the garage to have a list of things fixed. As it was dark when I collected the car I wasn't able to give the car a proper inspection, and if I'm honest, forgot about this particular bit of work.

I had some trim that was incorrectly fitted on the passenger side door so the garage said they were going to replace it. This morning - in the light of day - I gave the car a good inspection and I noticed that the trim now fits correctly, however it's all grazed. :mad:

The first picture (if it's worked!) is off a correctly fitted piece of trim and the second picture should be the grazed new trim.

I'm so annoyed that the garage thinks it's acceptable to return my car to me like this - I would have preferred the trim to have remained as it was before than it is now!

Sorry, just had to moan. :(

Attachments

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
I know what you mean about complaining!!

That is not acceptable, call the dealers now and tell them that you have had a proper look in day light they have damaged the trim and they need to replace it.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Seems a common thing these days, most of us on here are becoming more worried about what condition the car comes back to us in than what it was originally going in to get fixed for! :(

That Autoglass example on here showed another perfect example of shoddy workmanship where they seem to expect you to be happy with them leaving it in that condition...

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called and told them that I was unhappy (they sounded surprised!). I told about the damage to which the reply was "but I ordered that trim, it was fine, I saw it" ... "I cannot understand how it can be damaged, it simply clips on".

Anyways, they are ordering a new part and are going to investigate although the person who did it is off sick today.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts