2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday out of the blue my Sat Nav stopped working, It displays "Garmin Navigator not responding, would you like to close, wait or ok" Either option leads to a blank screen. all other ICE, radio, bluetooth etc. working normally. I've tried a reboot, but no effect. I have android 4.0.4 and Garmin 3.30. Dealer can't repair until end of month, is there anything else I can do. (Honda support says no, but my tv, ipad, kindle, phone etc. regularly get in a muddle and factory resets usually sort them out)?

Is this a common fault and will it be repaired under warranty? (Dealer says yes if broken but no if software update). I'm assuming its a fault if software stops working as update just refers to maps which I haven't touched (if it ain't broke don't fix it and we don't get many new roads in UK).

Thanks in advance
(It is 2015 model registered 16 plate in March 2016 with the built in Sat Nav and CD player)

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
Have you tried holding the power button down to force a hard reboot? That may just sort you out.
There is an option to do a factory reset in the settings somewhere IIRC, I'll take a look for you in a moment and see what I can find.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes Ive done a hard reboot and that made no difference. Would try a factory reset if I knew how to do one. As there aren't many posts I assume it's a rare fault?

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,307 Posts
Yesterday out of the blue my Sat Nav stopped working, It displays "Garmin Navigator not responding, would you like to close, wait or ok" Either option leads to a blank screen. all other ICE, radio, bluetooth etc. working normally. I've tried a reboot, but no effect. I have android 4.0.4 and Garmin 3.30. Dealer can't repair until end of month, is there anything else I can do. (Honda support says no, but my tv, ipad, kindle, phone etc. regularly get in a muddle and factory resets usually sort them out)?

Is this a common fault and will it be repaired under warranty? (Dealer says yes if broken but no if software update). I'm assuming its a fault if software stops working as update just refers to maps which I haven't touched (if it ain't broke don't fix it and we don't get many new roads in UK).

Thanks in advance
(It is 2015 model registered 16 plate in March 2016 with the built in Sat Nav and CD player)
Mine has the NAV the same as yours. A while go I had similar problems and fixed it by holding the power button for 10 seconds and then it resets itself and worked fine.. Occasionally when I have it set to Audio on DAB I get the message from all channels to say No Signal even though the radio is playing? Switch the car off and on and it sorts itself out..

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
Sorry, forgot to get back to you! there is an option for a factory reset contained within the android settings menu.
It certainly works, as it will roll back the underlying Honda software version. I took a video demonstrating the other day, I'll link it here momentarily...

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,395 Posts
I take it from your post, everything else works on the connect except the navigation part??
Factory reset or try updating mapping to a newer software if old being a nuisance possible option. Override by overwriting i mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
I had something comparable happen in my 2015 Civic Tourer SR 3-4 months ago. I had programmed the SatNav and approximately 1 mile into the journey the Connect 2 rebooted for no apparent reason and I got the "Garmin Navigator not responding, would you like to close, wait or ok" message; everything else worked normally. I did several hard reboots (holding the power button down for 10 seconds), but all to no avail. I did not try a Factory reset. I took my car into my local Honda dealer and I think they did a software update on the system, under warranty, and everything has been okay since then.

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
I had something comparable happen in my 2015 Civic Tourer SR 3-4 months ago. I had programmed the SatNav and approximately 1 mile into the journey the Connect 2 rebooted for no apparent reason and I got the "Garmin Navigator not responding, would you like to close, wait or ok" message; everything else worked normally. I did several hard reboots (holding the power button down for 10 seconds), but all to no avail. I did not try a Factory reset. I took my car into my local Honda dealer and I think they did a software update on the system, under warranty, and everything has been okay since then.
There is a service bulletin to update to RC8 - This might be a cure for OP as well, I've attached the bulletin which has an install guide; If anyone would like the files to carry it out I have a copy of those too.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for posts, on RC8 update service bulletin and about dealer repairing similar fault under warranty. The update looks a little complicated so having tried the hard reboot without curing the fault, I'll wait till the dealer repairs it/does the software upgrade at the end of the month.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Well had fun Friday with the Garmin.
Put a route in from home to Liverpool. All ok initially then suddenly the Garmin put the car off the road to the right which gradually increased until we got 'recalculating'. We now lost the route altogether. Did a hard reboot ...... Garmin Navigator not responding, black screen but had a voice saying recalculating ....... Rebooted again ..... same ..... tried again and it started working. Great we thought, sorted. In Liverpool going towards the docks wanted to route us down a bus only road as well as away from the docks.
Got to Isle of Man and after leaving the ferry the map showed us driving around Liverpool and the Mersey estuary not in Douglas ..... took 15 mins before it realised where we were, but then searching in Douglas, Isle of Man, it offered us destinations in Hull!
Luckily had phone and Waze to the rescue!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Ferry probably threw it off, being a drive on Faraday cage of sorts

Have you got the rc8 update? If you have a 9g - that should help with your GPS routing and location

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Thought ferry was a problem but 15 mins to sort itself out?.
Not got RC8 yet, maybe at August service.
Interestingly, in an email from Honda UK CS, there are no plans to update the Android 4.0.4 system in 'older vehicles' to 4.2.2, but yearly system improvement updates could happen in June each year. Seems like we are the forgotten plenty. Android Auto on board would have been nice.
Maybe RC9 will bring a functioning mirrorlink?

·
Super Moderator
21,003 Posts
And the reported Honda Connect problems is why I kept my 2013 9G with the rock solid Alpine unit.

Normally I would have changed in March 2016.

I do run a standalone Garmin 2699, for the better Inrix traffic and that is rock solid as well.

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
Mirrorlink works for me on rc8, but the functionality is limited by the number of apps avaliable.
Android auto would be a dream; It's a shame they don't plan to update the unit to 4.2.2, But I imagine thhere are a variety of overcomplicated and API's in use to provide the interoperability with the I-Mid:- I wonder how aftermarket android units affect the I-Mid functionality?

There was an app for LG Phones that enables device mirroring via Mirrorlink; that would give all the modern functionlity that one would require. Perhaps I could pick up a cheap LG somewhere...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts