2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

my new 2015 Sport Navi has got the Garmin Navigator GPS app. Not sure if this has been provided on any previous versions, so I'll ask anyway:

Is it possible to load Safety Cameras? Is it possible to change the icon depicting your car? I know these can be done on Android phones, so just wondering how it might be done on Android Auto.

I know it's new tech, but has anyone figured it out yet?

Cheers,

Adam

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,405 Posts
Very good question.

I'd love to get a PDF of the headunit manual. The ideal answer would be to be able to upload a POILoader .GPI file that would work in the same way as the PND devices.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I'm thinking no...

We all know how risk adverse Honda is, and if it's not a risk... the will charge...

This system will be very locked down and I doubt you will be able to side load much.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,405 Posts
Honda :roll:

I know that other makes, Merc was the last, with Garmin Android units are managing to upload GPI files as I've been helping out getting the correct format GPI file together on another forum.

They struggle with the 3 files required for POIloader (CSV/GPX, BMP, WAV) plus the need for the SOX.Exe file and where that goes.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,405 Posts
From what I can gather the other manufacturers units have a SD card slot where the .GPI file(s) go. This approach leaves the onboard files and folders intact.

No SD card slot = no upload POI feature.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
To answer your questions:

No, Its not possible to load files into the system.

Page 29 of the Navigation Manual

Aah Steve... I'd gotten that far... but none of those graphics is a red Honda Civic ;-)

I was hoping to be able to add custom icons, but it seems the system is locked down tighter than a Honda Dealer's .....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts