2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm picking up a great looking 2015 Civic Sport next week and I'm wondering what the Garmin software is like to use. I'm also wondering if has European maps, and if not are they available?

I've used Tom Tom and other sat nav's but Co-Pilot has always been the best in my mind. I have a Co-Pilot subscription, so I'm also wondering if there might be a simple way of installing that on the head unit. If not, does anyone know if the Mirrorcast function will work with my Windows 10 phone?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,319 Posts
I'm picking up a great looking 2015 Civic Sport next week and I'm wondering what the Garmin software is like to use. I'm also wondering if has European maps, and if not are they available?

I've used Tom Tom and other sat nav's but Co-Pilot has always been the best in my mind. I have a Co-Pilot subscription, so I'm also wondering if there might be a simple way of installing that on the head unit. If not, does anyone know if the Mirrorcast function will work with my Windows 10 phone?

Thanks for any help you can give me.
I'm pretty sure Euro maps are standard. My Garmin software is up to date but there's a roundabout near me that's been there for two year that isn't registered. Also if you drive from Glasgow to Edinburgh or vice versa, it looks at times as though you're going cross country even though you are on the M 8?

Reactions: eirlysbill

·
Super Moderator
2,257 Posts
i know lots of wagon driver/couriors
what they say is garmin or tom tom it all depends on what area your in
no clear cut best option both are stronger and weaker than the other in different parts of the country

·
Registered
368 Posts
I like it. Easy to input addresses especially with the post code option. Clear map, although some don't like the bright pink route, but it does make it clear. Mostly voice instructions are clear. Can sometimes go astray taking you on a parallel route for no reason and then bring you back to the motorway. But those are few and far between, at least in my neck of the woods. Traffic avoidance ok on motorways.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
I like it. Easy to input addresses especially with the post code option. Clear map, although some don't like the bright pink route, but it does make it clear. Mostly voice instructions are clear. Can sometimes go astray taking you on a parallel route for no reason and then bring you back to the motorway. But those are few and far between, at least in my neck of the woods. Traffic avoidance ok on motorways.
PITA for me, It will direct me around flyovers and off motorways junctions to cross the roundabout and rejoin. :D

Need to try it sans economy settings I think, as economy mode is go wherever the speed limit is lowest it seems.

·
Super Moderator
21,042 Posts
The one thing with Garmin routeing is not to follow it to the letter.

They have a long known issue of directing you down country lanes for example, only to bring you back out onto the road you are on further along = lost time.

After much discussion elsewhere we think is down to some/most country lanes being classed at the 60mph national speed limit. Actually doing 60 down these lanes is impossible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts