2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Gauges Diagnostic Query ?

I just tried this but all I managed was to do was to re set my fuel computer !

Can someone advise what is the starting point - Ignition off or Ignition on II before you start the sequence ? I tried both but could not get it to work either way.

Thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
gauges diagnostic

hello, I have just do it and it works.but I have a question.what means the ''error 2'' message which appears in the main display after the 3 white dots stop flashing;

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nice to see this!
We also learned about this feature in TFD and it helped me when I had troubles with DTCs because of the aftermarket alarm that I installed...hence the alarm went out hehehe

·
Registered
134 Posts
I cannot get the procedure to work :( Does it only work om mph-cars or non-OEM HID? Or do you need to be in a specific view on the boardcomputer?

Also step 5 seems to be incorrect since according to Honda you should tap the SEL/RESET button 4 times instead of three

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
here is how i do it.

Start with the light set to off not auto.

1: Push and hold the sel/reset button with left trigger finger(right trigger finger if using a LHD car)

2: Set lights to sidelights using right hand(Left if using a LHD car)

3. Turn the ignition to pos II using right hand(left if using LHD car).

4: Within 5 sec., turn the headlights OFF, then back to sidelight and OFF again using right hand(left if using LHD cart).

this info is also in the service manual and it is 3 times as i do a check before i send my car in for service.

5: Within 5 sec., release the SEL/RESET switch button, and then push and release the button three times repeatedly.

works for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts