2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Rather than getting a whole new box, You could just get a rebuild - If not OEM, There are carbon syncros avaliable - Good chance to add a quality LSD too.
How much does a rebuild cost and does it include syncro? What's LSD?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Area Motorsport did my gearbox rebuild, I think it was 300 quid labour plus the cost of parts which at the time Included a new 2nd gear synchro, new diff bearings and an mfactory LSD so was about 1300 all in.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Yeah not a cheap job , I had terrible hear changes as you describe. I just posted on a similar thread just now.

I'd recommend oem clutch eBay - item number - 303715547946
They list two clutches 2008/2009 & 09/10/11
I changed the slave cylinder to as it was inexpensive & swapped to Redline MTL 90
Changes are really smooth now. Heard amosil synchromesh fluid is really good to
You could also look at the clutch damper delete.

I'd start at this point if your gonna venture splitting the box open replacing synchros etc you better break out the bank

Let's not kid ourselves though these honda boxes can be notchy and tend to be notchy by nature

@Diddles1987 please don't tell me that about the eBay short shifter kit I heard so many good reviews on it that I bought you. You've put me off fitting it now lol

I remember speaking to Stevie at grinspeed he didn't recommend a short shifter.
But me being me I let my heart overule my head

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Area Motorsport did my gearbox rebuild, I think it was 300 quid labour plus the cost of parts which at the time Included a new 2nd gear synchro, new diff bearings and an mfactory LSD so was about 1300 all in.
Did you say 1.3k 59 to change all of that?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Yes I posted on another thread this is actually a really old thread I reignited lol put the short shifter on it shortens the distance it's great actually makes my issue with the shifts bareable to some extent :alien:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Yea man it didn't fix it one bit so I think its a syncro so I need a gearbox replacement soov
I would imagine the cost would be out of all proportion if you intended to replae a gearbox. Probably cheaper cheaper to get another car.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Yeah not a cheap job , I had terrible hear changes as you describe. I just posted on a similar thread just now.

I'd recommend oem clutch eBay - item number - 303715547946
They list two clutches 2008/2009 & 09/10/11
I changed the slave cylinder to as it was inexpensive & swapped to Redline MTL 90
Changes are really smooth now. Heard amosil synchromesh fluid is really good to
You could also look at the clutch damper delete.

I'd start at this point if your gonna venture splitting the box open replacing synchros etc you better break out the bank

Let's not kid ourselves though these honda boxes can be notchy and tend to be notchy by nature

@Diddles1987 please don't tell me that about the eBay short shifter kit I heard so many good reviews on it that I bought you. You've put me off fitting it now lol

I remember speaking to Stevie at grinspeed he didn't recommend a short shifter.
But me being me I let my heart overule my head
Haha yeah it was a cheap eBay short shift. While it worked fine for shorting the shifts I found it just made my gear change a bit more notchy than it was before. Still notchy with it off but not as much.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Well I got the RHD kit here so thinking might give it a go pretty easy to put back to stock I take it. My biting point hasn't been adjusted up

It's at stock honda level so might give it a go

·
Registered
259 Posts
Well I got the RHD kit here so thinking might give it a go pretty easy to put back to stock I take it. My biting point hasn't been adjusted up

It's at stock honda level so might give it a go
Yeah easier to take it off than put it on, quite a lot of filing needed to fit, I used a Dremel and was surprised at how much plastic I had to remove.

Adjusting my clutch was the first thing I did, it got mine at 54,000 miles and the biting point was on the floor. Very hard to get smooth changes without jerking, after driving an automatic I thought I had forgotten how to drive a manual.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts