2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Iv'e owned an FN2 for just under a month, love it apart from 3rd gear popping out and the gears being slighty sluggish when changing. After researching, I found that changing the transmission oil may help.I thought Id share my experience.

*Buy Amsoil Transmission oil (need 2 bottles)
Opieoils.com

*Buy an oil syringe - this made the job SO much easier!
Amazon - Silverline Oil Suction Gun

*Jack the front of the car up and remove the passenger tyre

*Locate the drainage nut

*Have a funnel ready, this will prevent the oil going all over the inspection tray

*Remove nut, drain oil

*Suck up the new oil into the oil syringe, feed the tube into the drainage hole and pump

Takes 2 bottles of Amsoil, roughly about 5 syringes full. You can go in from the engine bay but this involves removing the air box to gain access. We found this the easier way.

The gear change is so smooth its unreal and no pooping out of 3rd!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hi Guys

Iv'e owned an FN2 for just under a month, love it apart from 3rd gear popping out and the gears being slighty sluggish when changing. After researching, I found that changing the transmission oil may help.I thought Id share my experience.

*Buy Amsoil Transmission oil (need 2 bottles)
Opieoils.com

*Buy an oil syringe - this made the job SO much easier!
Amazon - Silverline Oil Suction Gun

*Jack the front of the car up and remove the passenger tyre

*Locate the drainage nut

*Have a funnel ready, this will prevent the oil going all over the inspection tray

*Remove nut, drain oil

*Suck up the new oil into the oil syringe, feed the tube into the drainage hole and pump

Takes 2 bottles of Amsoil, roughly about 5 syringes full. You can go in from the engine bay but this involves removing the air box to gain access. We found this the easier way.

The gear change is so smooth its unreal and no pooping out of 3rd!!
Great result.

Can't see how changing the oil would stop it popping outta gear though?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Me neither, but its definitely fixed the problem.. although could be pure placebo and i'm just holding the clutch in longer! lol

Either way, its a car I will definitely keep now!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts