2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't no, there is an issue that some members have had selecting third but I've not heard of any problems with second.
its when you come down from third to second,it olny happens now and again,it has happend to my wife and best mate. can anyone help???

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Yes with my first civic I would often "coast" across roundabouts unable to select second and then almost caused an accident after pulling out on to a dual carriageway and then unable to select second or third - go back to your dealer.

My dealer adjusted the clutch, then replaced the gearbox then replaced the clutch at which point I refused to take it back an then they replaced the car and I can still say I dont find the gears anywhere near as smooth as they should be.

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
its when you come down from third to second,it olny happens now and again,it has happend to my wife and best mate. can anyone help???
It makes me mad - that people are still having the same faults with their cars, my gear problems were also intermittent, the car kept going back to the dealers all the time an they kept insisting there was nothing wrong even suggesting it was because I was a female !!!!! :mad::mad:

My neighbour works for Honda and I took him out in the car, we were in it for about 30 mins with no problems and then finally as we pulled up at the house he went to go in to second and there it was completely jammed at last - they finally took me seriously.

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Indeed - it was the reason for my replacement, a very serious issue. They sold that car on afterwards too.
Yes and joking aside, I've got a mate who had a replacement car a few years ago as his had loads of faults. The dealer sold that one on too. IMO the manufacturers should take these cars back and fully repair/inspect them and not just want them off their hands through the dealers to some other unsuspecting soul. :(

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Yes and joking aside, I've got a mate who had a replacement car a few years ago as his had loads of faults. The dealer sold that one on too. IMO the manufacturers should take these cars back and fully repair/inspect them and not just want them off their hands through the dealers to some other unsuspecting soul. :(

Hmmmm thats given me a thought - maybe they do take some back an then re-use the parts, would explain why replacement parts are always going wrong [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
I have trouble in mine in cold weather mostly selecting 2nd gear, in the end I get annoyed and just wrench it back and it clears it for a while. I'll be mentioning this to them as well.

Tom

·
Loving It!!!
69 Posts
Has anyone had any luck with the dealers regarding problems selecting 2nd gear - I have noticed this on mine as well.

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
They don't take you seriously at all, most of the time.

Tom

·
Administrator
19,184 Posts
second gear for me was troublesome at first but now I just keep the gearlever to the right had side and it seems to have solved the problem.

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Hmmmm thats given me a thought - maybe they do take some back an then re-use the parts, would explain why replacement parts are always going wrong [smilie=cheeky-grin:[/quote]

TC Have you recorded somewhere the S/N of your two Civic ?
It could be usefull to publish them in order too warn the potential buyer/owners ;-)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts