2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's an odd one... The leather around my shifter is gradually peeling away and I like to keep my car in best condition I can.. Is it a pain or expensive to replace?? Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
Genuine 1 s are about £45 but topgaiters do some nice leather ones look in my build thread there's a pic of mine I believe was about £10

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
It's not an odd one mate. It happens to everyone. Search the forum, there's a hundred and one threads on this. There's a leather one on ebay everyone seems to buy and it's dead easy to replace.

·
regrets his username
7,982 Posts
Yep common their not leather so just randomly flake, get on fleabay and order the leather one they are also doing them in the same material as the seats now

·
aka Colin
10,854 Posts
got my new one off ebay a few weeks back as i had the exact same thing happening, cheap as chips compared to the honda one.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Thanks guys, been annoying me for ages lol
Hi mate, I got a spare one I never used from topgaiters. (I now sold the car, so no use for it) if your interested.

I'm just after postage cost for it

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Ok no worries buddy

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Ok so now that I've looked into it there's two that people go for. The leather one from The Tuning Shop and the softer one from Top Gaitors. Anyone have any idea which one's better?

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Hi mate, I got a spare one I never used from topgaiters. (I now sold the car, so no use for it) if your interested.

I'm just after postage cost for it
Which leather one is it mate, the standard or perforated? I'm guessing it's the red stitched one?

·
regrets his username
7,982 Posts

·
Premium Member
894 Posts

·
"Boards don't hit back"
589 Posts
I have the perforated leather with grey stitch on mine and it looks really good tbh, piece of to change the plastic surround just pops off, I found a tiny screwdriver in from the side near the top worked Fine and left no marks at all, some people said they used the fingers but I couldnt find anywhere to get a grip, hence tiny flathead! I got mine from topgaitors off ebay.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

·
"Boards don't hit back"
589 Posts
Not the best picture but you get the idea. uploadfromtaptalk1360428979026.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
No worries :)

To be honest I'm surprised I've not seen more people replace the OEM gaiter with a perforated leather one. It would look almost identical to the original but be more durable, win win! :confused: :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts