2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Gear knob gone wonky?

Trim 
2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  xYKMFx chris 
#1 ·
OK, this is a really silly but really niggly problem, the other day my gear knob came loose (type r) whilst merrily driving along, and now its only tights at 270 degrees, so the gear diagram is pointing out the window:mad: is this gonna be something Honda will replace, is there a fix does anyone know?

#3 ·
My gear knob was like that before I bought the car, they had it sorted and fixed for when I arrived to pick the car up so yeah your dealer should be able to fix that for you.

#4 ·
Mione is always moved, I like it to be at about 5 past, as opposed to on the O'clock, helps my shifting, I don't need it to be on straight to know what gear I'm in so it's never bothered me, TBH Honda will just tighten it so it's level and thats all it's not a fault it's a thread and they do that.

ATB,
Tom

#5 ·
Hi try using thread lock adhesive, put some round the tread before you start, line it up straight and wait for it to cure about 5 mins.

Should work a treat.

You can buy it from any DIY shops.

#6 ·
On the Type R there is a locknut at the top of the leather gaiter.

Set your gearknob where you want it, hold it securely and using some grips tighten the locknut to lock against the underside of the gearknob.

I wrapped insulation tape around the locknut before I used grips on it so not to mark the black anodised finish. :)

#9 ·
hopefully there is a nice assistant at honda who will straighten your knob for you...
bit of elbow grease should do the job ;p

#10 ·
It would drive me crazy if it wasnt straight - but i aint got ocd!!! lol

Theres always one who has to lower the tone!!!! You off topic whore you!!!

haha!

Jayne xx

#13 ·
Haha i love it! It means nothing that when i peg my washing on the line and item of clothing cannot have odd pegs {must be the same colour!!}!

Jayne x

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.