2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what your gear knob could look like after 27k miles of wear and tear........

Fortunately I replaced it thanks to a well known auction site[smilie=cheeky-grin:

Seriously though, it doesn't bode well for some of the other parts of the interior.

Maybe the alternative is to leave your wedding ring at home......:oops:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Hi POSS - did you purchase the Sports knob off this well known auction site a couple of weeks back ? I was bidding on it (the only one I've seen on the site) and was pipped by a late bid in the last few seconds. If so, and judging by your photo, you are a more deserving winner ;)

·
Registered
107 Posts
gear knob

Another plus side for the i shift then don't use the gear shift as much so will last twice as long [smilie=cheeky-grin: [smilie=cheeky-grin: [smilie=cheeky-grin: [smilie=cheeky-grin: [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi POSS - did you purchase the Sports knob off this well known auction site a couple of weeks back ? I was bidding on it (the only one I've seen on the site) and was pipped by a late bid in the last few seconds. If so, and judging by your photo, you are a more deserving winner ;)

I did see the sports Knob but decided to go for the like for like replacement until I could be sure the extra investment would be worth it....Although I do like a crafty snipe on something I really need![smilie=cheeky-grin:

If I remember rightly the sports knob went for very near the list price?

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Yes, the sports knob did go for something close to the list price. I wasn't going to go that high - however, as soooo often happens, it is easy to get carried away! Perhaps someone else on the forum got it then?

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mattfog,

Did you see the Sat Nav system with steering wheel etc that was for sale not too long ago.....? Not exactly a 2 minute job.

Couldn't help thinking that as the car must have been a write off it may have been quite a smash and someone may have been hurt.....

........sorry, the bottle is half empty at the moment :cry:

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Yep - saw the SatNav but have no idea if it sold or not. I have an EX so only viewed out of curiosity - but certainly did appear to rather a complex thing to the lay man. More like a 2 day job! There does appear to be a number of parts on there which have been taken from Civvies that have had an untimely demise. Was also interested in the 3.05v satnav disc until Pottsy confirmed that it was no different to my 3.03. Again, some more cash saved ..... perhaps towards a future sports knob, or the silver door sills, or the ambient lighting ........ :)

Have you seen the rather (ahem) adult pictures when searching under Civic 2006? Beware - Don't click on them - it's scam, wanting you to re-enter your login details into a fake site. I've reported it.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have you seen the rather (ahem) adult pictures when searching under Civic 2006? Beware - Don't click on them - it's scam, wanting you to re-enter your login details into a fake site. I've reported it.[/quote]

Can't resist looking now.....and will report aswell, I hate scams and there are so many about at the moment.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
going slightly off topic - but out of the interests of people in here, I clicked it - FireFox / Google flagged it up as a scam site - which is pretty good I think :D

question is - hmmmm. Where to flag it up in here so no one gets caught....

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, my lap top security flagged it aswell so even though I was forewarned here I couldn't go any further anyway.... Really hope no one is caught out.

But then again, why would they want to look anyway!!!!:oops:

(Have now found the listing numbers after changing my display.)

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
going slightly off topic - but out of the interests of people in here, I clicked it - FireFox / Google flagged it up as a scam site - which is pretty good I think :D

question is - hmmmm. Where to flag it up in here so no one gets caught....
Thanks TTDegs - have just seen your separate thread. My good deed for the day now done. :D

POSS - I too couldn't find a listing number - so I just emailed them directly.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Result!

The offending listings seem to have been removed.....pretty quick for fleabay.

No doubt they will be back in another form or another sometime, but at least they are gone for now.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts