2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a minor niggle!! But still...

I replaced my gear knob today in my type s. New one is so much more pretty.

Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

although at the very base of the knob there is a little gab on the stock that looks like the knob should go down more. I tried to over tighten and heard a creak from the plastic so im afraid to twist any more. Just gonna have to deal with it?

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
This is a minor niggle!! But still...

I replaced my gear knob today in my type s. New one is so much more pretty.

Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

although at the very base of the knob there is a little gab on the stock that looks like the knob should go down more. I tried to over tighten and heard a creak from the plastic so im afraid to twist any more. Just gonna have to deal with it?
Never noticed on mine but I fitted a gaiter as I'm not a fan of the basic stick

Attachments

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
Never noticed on mine but I fitted a gaiter as I'm not a fan of the basic stick
Did you glue the gaiter to the underside of the mount wardy ?

Tried the same with mine, but with a Momo stick shift...

NB Just noticed you have an :typer: surround...:facepalm:

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
Nah pretty primative really but it works i still wanted to be able to remove the gear surround so i stretched the base as much as i could to get it as tight to the plastic cage that everyone seems to remove and then electrical taped mine to it so with the gear surround removed it looks like the gaiter is part of the plastic cage thats over the shifter.
Wardy

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
Nah pretty primative really but it works i still wanted to be able to remove the gear surround so i stretched the base as much as i could to get it as tight to the plastic cage that everyone seems to remove and then electrical taped mine to it so with the gear surround removed it looks like the gaiter is part of the plastic cage thats over the shifter.
Wardy
Ahh, ain't got a cage on mine any longer on account of the :neo: Quick Shift and JapSpeed adaptor. ;)

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
Ahh, ain't got a cage on mine any longer on account of the :neo: Quick Shift and JapSpeed adaptor. ;)
I've got a japspeed quickshifter too, took some time with a file lol so wish I'd got me dremmel when I did my own I can have one fitted now in 30mins lol

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

1 - 11 of 11 Posts