1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Ive always liked my knob... always done well by me :-D.. Gets a bit chilly in cold weather tho ;-)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea it does get a bit chilly in this weather and a bit hot in the summer, bt mines got scratched and chipped. So wanna put a new one on!

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
I have a Skunk2 one fitted, the colour of the titanium closely matches the trim of the type R and its nicely weighted. I do have pic in my gallery.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a Skunk2 one fitted, the colour of the titanium closely matches the trim of the type R and its nicely weighted. I do have pic in my gallery.
Looks pretty dam sweet, where did u get urs from? US?

Thanks

Ben

·
Move over..comming thru!!
533 Posts
Hi, need a new gear knob and was just looking about. Came across these ones on ebay seem like a good price as well! Has anyone else got one of these?

JDM Type R shift knob - FN2 / EP3 Civic / DC5 Integra on eBay (end time 06-Nov-09 20:32:20 GMT)

Thanks

Ben
Hi,
Yes I ordered one of these thinking it looked very nice and close to the original look but more egg shaped so would fit my hand better... I didn't like it because the diameter is actually narrower than the stock knob, and its not much 'longer' either so wasn't that comfortable. Also the one I received had been rolling and rubbing against its hard plastic packaging and had a worn 'ring' around its widest point. Sent back to seller for a full refund including return postage... didn't like the knob but cant fault the seller (same as in link). Hope that helps.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,
Yes I ordered one of these thinking it looked very nice and close to the original look but more egg shaped so would fit my hand better... I didn't like it because the diameter is actually narrower than the stock knob, and its not much 'longer' either so wasn't that comfortable. Also the one I received had been rolling and rubbing against its hard plastic packaging and had a worn 'ring' around its widest point. Sent back to seller for a full refund including return postage... didn't like the knob but cant fault the seller (same as in link). Hope that helps.
Oh, thanks for the heads up. What did you go for in the end then?

·
Move over..comming thru!!
533 Posts
Oh, thanks for the heads up. What did you go for in the end then?
I haven't yet, I got used to the stock knob and find it good now. If I could find a bigger version of the one on Ebay I'd probably go for that style as it would be more comfortable...although the Skunk2 one in Gadgetmans gallery looks very nice too!! :)

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Looks pretty dam sweet, where did u get urs from? US?

Thanks

Ben
Missus got it me for a birthday pressie, I think it was from JDM performance ... or e-bay ;) google search of Skunk2 should sort it.

I have to say I'm really impressed with the feel of it, I originally had it in my type S and when I part chopped it in I re-fitted the type S stock knob ..... it felt really light compared to the Skunk2.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats the fella ..... it'll fit.

If you do get one remember to put plenty of insulation tape around the collar before you clamp it with grips ;)
Lol that was my next question, some people say twist the knob and some say collar! So its the collar in the type r then yea? Clockwise?

Thanks

Ben

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Lol that was my next question, some people say twist the knob and some say collar! So its the collar in the type r then yea? Clockwise?

Thanks

Ben
Clockwise? anti-clockwise? I've slept several times since then .... it'll go one way or the other lol:rolleyes:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lil update, got the skunk2 gear knob in the end and heres a couple of pics of it fitted and it compared to the original!

Ben

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That looks great. They are nicely weighted aren't they :)
Yea couldnt believe the weight of it compared to the standard one! But then i picked the standard one up bit later on and that felt heavy so the skunk one is very weighty! lol

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I'll buy your old one if you wish to sell it Ben.
Put it in the for sale section first though, if you decide:D
U sure wanna buy it, pretty scratched up! Ill put it in the for sale section in a bit. Just take some better pics for you!

Ben

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
I'm going to re-light an OLD thread instead of starting a new one.

This Skunk2, can it sit any lower with the OEM gator? With Christmas fast approaching, I'm considering putting one of these on my list.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts