2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gearbox might be coming out to fit some new synchros. Would it be worth changing any of the bearings at the same time? No problems as such but at 5k+ rpm in 2nd gear only I get a whine on acceleration.

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Err not 100% sure I'm afraid. I had all the bearings replaced in mine by the dealer about two years ago, and if I recall correctly the parts cost was about £450, including fluids and sundries.

If you go to Lings you should be able to find an exploded view of the gearbox, which will show you the bearings.

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Just had a look myself - the two diagrams you want are for:

Mainshaft
https://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17SMR701&block_02=M__0401&block_03=10033&block_05=hcr

Countershaft
https://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17SMR701&block_02=M__0501&block_03=10033&block_05=hcr

Looking through that, it appears there are three bearings on the mainshaft and two on the countershaft. If you have a car with LSD, there are bearings in there too. I'm not sure if that includes the Input Shaft Bearing, which you will definitely want to replace, because it wears (I think it does include this in the mainshaft diagram - part #15).

Note that if the gearbox is coming out, the clutch assembly has to be removed as well, so it's worth looking at replacing that at the same time.

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice, so far Ive identified

91004PPP014 - countershaft
91002RAS003 - mainshaft

There seems to be another on the case too!

Honda Car and Auto Parts | Honda CIVIC | CLUTCH CASE (2.0L) | Genuine Honda Parts | Honda Cars | Honda Motorcycles | Honda Power Products | Lings Honda Car Parts Selection OEM

Just had a look myself - the two diagrams you want are for:

Mainshaft
https://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17SMR701&block_02=M__0401&block_03=10033&block_05=hcr

Countershaft
https://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17SMR701&block_02=M__0501&block_03=10033&block_05=hcr

Looking through that, it appears there are three bearings on the mainshaft and two on the countershaft. If you have a car with LSD, there are bearings in there too. I'm not sure if that includes the Input Shaft Bearing, which you will definitely want to replace, because it wears (I think it does include this in the mainshaft diagram - part #15).

Note that if the gearbox is coming out, the clutch assembly has to be removed as well, so it's worth looking at replacing that at the same time.

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
I took mine to Tegiwa earlier due to a quiet knocking sound to start with which got more progressive over time and faster with the speed of the wheels. Turns out Tegiwa say it's a gear box problem. Not sure how this is going to go but the dealership i bought it from 5 months ago state a 6 month warranty as standard. Only done 1500 miles in the car since i had it. Worst of all, on inspection, the brake lines were hanging by cable ties which have now snapped so Tegiwa asked me to sign a disclaimer to take the car back out to drive home and to get in touch with the dealership i bought from first.....

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
Wow....

Revitup are usually good with sorting stuff, if not they love their social media presence so I'd kick up a fuss, I'd give them a chance at least... cable tied brake lines though :facepalm2:

I'm sure this was one of their staff member's cars.

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Wow....

Revitup are usually good with sorting stuff, if not they love their social media presence so I'd kick up a fuss, I'd give them a chance at least... cable tied brake lines though :facepalm2:

I'm sure this was one of their staff member's cars.
It was mate. Ash who used to work there i was told has left the company now. The owner emailed me and said that Ash should know somebody who can sort it and if not then they will do what they can to sort me out! Why even suggest going to Ash first? He is just an employee and it's the company responsibility to make the warranty claim for me! I am giving them a chance bud as i've tried to ring and they aren't picking up my calls or returning them and only sent the one email to me from my initial enquiry yesterday without replying to my other 2 emails or phone calls today.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
Sounds to me like they used their outlet to sell their employee's car likely making little as a favour so they'd prefer Ash himself to sort the issue. Unfortunately for you as the customer it's not your concern so Revitup should sort it and not mess you about.

I used to do the same with our business eBay selling bits and bobs for family and friends but soon stopped when quality dropped.

They're aware of the issue within the warranty timeframe so hopefully you'll be sorted.

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Sounds to me like they used their outlet to sell their employee's car likely making little as a favour so they'd prefer Ash himself to sort the issue. Unfortunately for you as the customer it's not your concern so Revitup should sort it and not mess you about.

I used to do the same with our business eBay selling bits and bobs for family and friends but soon stopped when quality dropped.

They're aware of the issue within the warranty timeframe so hopefully you'll be sorted.
I'm giving them until later this afternoon to send me a reply and if i've not had one by 48 hours after i sent my email, it will follow with another email to allow a respone within 24 hours before further action. It's great when your wife works in HR.

·
Super Moderator
1,124 Posts
Have you looked at Honest John website to get the legal stuff to hit them with?
Always plenty of info there about consumer rights regarding car problems & dealers who want to wriggle out of their legal obligations.
Small claims court is always an option if they play silly buggers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts