2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can someone give me some info about my car, when I'm driving my car it's fine at shifting to higher gears but it's when I'm shifting from 3rd to 2nd the gear doesn't seem to go in and I have to put it out of gear and put it back in to make it work, this doesn't happen often but it happens now and again.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,788 Posts
It might help if you explained which model and engine!

I'd be looking at the cable connections onto the gearbox and also checking the gearbox oil level (changing it if you have no record of it being done).

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hi can someone give me some info about my car, when I'm driving my car it's fine at shifting to higher gears but it's when I'm shifting from 3rd to 2nd the gear doesn't seem to go in and I have to put it out of gear and put it back in to make it work, this doesn't happen often but it happens now and again.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Is this by anychance a 1.8 petrol. Mine sometimes does this

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
when I'm shifting from 3rd to 2nd the gear doesn't seem to go in and I have to put it out of gear and put it back in to make it work
Just to try and understand what this says...

When shifting, you go out of 3rd, and cannot get 2nd. So what do you do? Do you de-clutch in neutral?... do you go back into 3rd, then out again?....

Not clear... but sounds like slightly dragging clutch, where is the bite point, and do you FULLY press the clutch?

Stuart

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi there
i am new in the group and i would like to ask when we change gear box oil and which is recomend from Honda. i have a 1.8 manual 2008 civic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts