2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

161 - 176 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Cheers guys, that's a little more reassuring. Bit worrying the amount I've read about issues though. Seems to be affecting the FK8 more so than the FK2 which is bizarre. Want to test drive a 2 as well as I quite like them although they do look older in style than the 8. People have said they're brutal but coming from a lowered, rock solid polybushed DC5 I imagine it'll feel like a Rolls Royce in comparison. Lol

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
Seems to be hit and miss to whether you have the lock out issue or not, I personally have not had the issue at all on my FK8..

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Crazy, yeah the Fk2 is more raw than the Fk8. The Fk8 is more refined, quieter and has a more comfortable ride. I think the thing to bear in mind is that the Fk2 was born at the end of that model range which had been out for ages and the Fk8 was born towards and intended from the start and is the more modern car. I loved my Fk2 but health issues meant I needed a more comfortable ride.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Crazy, yeah the Fk2 is more raw than the Fk8. The Fk8 is more refined, quieter and has a more comfortable ride. I think the thing to bear in mind is that the Fk2 was born at the end of that model range which had been out for ages and the Fk8 was born towards and intended from the start and is the more modern car. I loved my Fk2 but health issues meant I needed a more comfortable ride.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
Cheers for this pal, appreciate it!

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Just to add to the data, my 19 plate is perfect but it didn’t start like that. Notchy as hell until it had around 1000 miles on it. Now it’s probably the best I’ve ever used.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Can this notchyness be picked up on a test drive ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Jus at to revive this, an FK8 will be my next car in a year or so...idly researching now...are the later ones all ok do we know?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Bought mine just under 2 weeks ago but it was registered in Feb 2020. Had only done 15 miles when I bought it as it was meant for a Honda Manager who got locked down and then made redundant before he could ever use it. Mine has the 4th gear lockout issues along with 1st to 2nd gear grind. It even stopped me getting in 3rd a couple of times. I'm taking it in to Honda tomorrow for them to look at.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just purchased a new 70 plate pre-facelift and have the 4th gear lockout problems. Can’t believe Honda haven’t sorted this out yet. fortunately, l have managed to record this problem and I am in discussions with the dealer and Honda at the moment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bought mine just under 2 weeks ago but it was registered in Feb 2020. Had only done 15 miles when I bought it as it was meant for a Honda Manager who got locked down and then made redundant before he could ever use it. Mine has the 4th gear lockout issues along with 1st to 2nd gear grind. It even stopped me getting in 3rd a couple of times. I'm taking it in to Honda tomorrow for them to look at.
Did you get this resolved with Honda?

161 - 176 of 176 Posts