2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...anyone know how to?
i cant see too much from the top side (although battery, IC pipe and air box are in the way), so i assume it's from underneath.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
you remove the fill bolt and see if it dribbles out a tiny bit. Same with all MT units. Its a sealed unit so theres no where for the fluid to go unless you've got a leak

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good to have that confirmed; was going to ensure it was to the top of the fill hole as per any honda. any idea where the fill port actually is?

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
guess ill find out at the weekend...

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
still cant find it. you can see enough of the gearbox from the top & side (wheel off). not the same as the 9th gen civic location which seems to be around the driveshaft/diff area of the gearbox.

only side i cant see is on the bottom (drain might be there, fill wont be!) and on the engine side of diff area which i doubt it's there.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
while for the FK8, process should be the same for FK2. certainly the drain & fill are in the same location. i havent used the info myself yet to be 100% sure.
quite possible when i originally looked that the drain plug didnt look like one (a 12mm on honda seems weird to me).

I think the airbox will have to come out to get to the fill plug.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thats how i understand it riche, yep.
I'm so used to the s2k which had just two; drain and a big fill/level plug, that i was looking for similar on the fk2. i think my prelude was the same with only two plugs but that's going back 15years or so..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts