2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a transmission fluid that I can buy on the high street? I'm also going to need to source a 14mm and 20mm crush washer. Fancy changing this at the weekend and I've left it too late to order online. 0:)

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
Aye, always stick with OEM unless you have a diff

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
I have a diff but was still recommended mtf, just feel that's what was designed to go in the box and some had a diff as standard

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
I have a diff but was still recommended mtf, just feel that's what was designed to go in the box and some had a diff as standard
Depends how hard you're pushing it and which diff.
Honda's diff will obv be fine with OEM MTF but Mfactory do explicitly say to use a specfic grade so I'll follow that especially with the temps it'll see at the track. Last thing I want is to void the warranty.

It's funny how much of a difference fluid makes, it's silk from cold then notchy once it gets warm then silk again once up to temp. I just take it easy for first 10-15 minutes regardless.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Mines a Wavertrac and both tdi north and eurospec say that's what they use. ... Unless your involved in actual racing then you won't get any benefit to switching to another oil......but nothing wrong with the oil you've mentioned either.....if you don't mind paying a little more even I would get the more expensive stuff but again it won't have any benefit over Honda mtf

1 - 8 of 8 Posts