2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got ideas how to reduce the slop or play in the gearstick movement, was wondering if there's any quick answer, I have a japspeed quick shifter and skunk 2 knob but just want the slop fixed now

·
Registered
17 Posts
Anyone got ideas how to reduce the slop or play in the gearstick movement, was wondering if there's any quick answer, I have a japspeed quick shifter and skunk 2 knob but just want the slop fixed now
I have the japspeed short shifter kit as well. From other cars I have driven this has by far the tightest feel. No slop at all. Does the stick actually move around while in gear? or are you finding the feel sloppy going from gear to gear?

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sloppy

The stick feels loose like its got a bush missing want to get rid if the play if u like, gears are fine but excessive movement to the side like its missing something if u know what I mean

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cable slack

Could it be cables have slackened off ? I saw somewhere of adjusting them but can't see it now, do u think I can take the cables off unsolder the ends and tighten them up , or put some heavy weight cable in to make it stiffer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts