2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hi as I'm new to the forum.

There's a lot of obvious things I love about my new type-r but thought I'd share some of the geeky bits. Feel free to let me know other little tricks I haven't yet found.

Start button - pointless but little thing that make the R a bit of an event.

vtec led on the dash - as above, I can hear and feel the vtec but love the light.

Indicator stalk - light press doing 3 flashes (but only turning right),because nobody can keep up so don't need to tell them we're coming back in.

Good work on the forum guys!

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Welcome mate glad your enjoying your new car.

Is this standard on the type R? Sounds like a fault to me lol.

I think he means when indicating you don't click it right up or down. Just a little flick and it will indicate 3 times.
Saves flicking at back up or down when just changing lanes

·
Nae Bother...
370 Posts

I think he means when indicating you don't click it right up or down. Just a little flick and it will indicate 3 times.
One of my most used things on the CTR! Love it! :)

Comes standard in all civics.

·
Premium Member
912 Posts

Lol I know the little movement to do three flashes thing as I use it every day but the only turning right thing isn't standard?! Is it?

·
Nae Bother...
370 Posts
Lol I know the little movement to do three flashes thing as I use it every day but the only turning right thing isn't standard?! Is it?
It's not only turning right, left works too! :) well on mine it does.

It should haha!

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep that's what I meant. Mine only works for the right so must be broken. I don't mind though as like I said who's there when I pull back in.

To do list is a new gaitor and change of head unit, rapidly. I've been reading through the how to's. Great site. :D

·
Nae Bother...
370 Posts
Yep that's what I meant. Mine only works for the right so must be broken. I don't mind though as like I said who's there when I pull back in.

To do list is a new gaitor and change of head unit, rapidly. I've been reading through the how to's. Great site. :D
I'm assuming the actual indicator works haha?

Yeah the guys on here are loaded with information, great bunch we've got here! :)

·
Redline Monster
1,576 Posts
Hello mate & welcome to Civinfo

1 - 16 of 16 Posts