2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, first time I've owned this shape civic, loving it and all the things you can do to them.

I'm not going down the type r replica route, I'm adding my own bits and bobs.
The only thing type r I will have is the spoiler.

Here are a few pics of my car when I first got it 12 days ago.

Sent from my HTC One A9s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Done a few bits to it last week, wind deflectors got added and bought some fog light protectors which I etched at work with the 'type S'

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yesterday got the windows tinted in limo black, rear lights tinted in dark smoke and the grill flyeyed as a temporary solution until I can afford a nicer grill.

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
hi there @Booflegem your car is looking nice, i really like the fog light protectors which you have put your own touch on, and only 12 days in and you have started modding it,

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers, I can't keep a car standard for long lol. I'm picking up different wheels tomorrow night and they will be painted black so that's my weekend addition to the car 😊

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
That's the problem when you start modding it's very hard to stop, but keep up the good work, the car will look even better with a spoiler and once funds permit a different grill makes all the difference,

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got the spoiler I just need to fit it, need recommendations on fixing it, most people say tiger seal but I can only get that online but I'd rather buy something from a shop.

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
do you not have a local halfords, or a b anq or screwfix, they all sell tiger seal, , just keep some kind of weight on the spoiler to keep it in place over night, and if you got access to a garage just leave it overnight and you're good to go, just wear some gloves as its a nightmare to get off your hands

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've checked halfords they said tiger seal no longer exists, I've been to wickes and they don't sell it either. I have a local screwfix but it's not on there website to buy it.

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
I just checked on line halfords don't stock it any more it used to be a upol brand, wounder why they don't stock it any more, as it's a good product, you could use an alternative like sikaflex

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I've used tiger seal a few years ago but it seems to be fading away in stores. I'll see what screwfix advise.

Have you done any colour coding in your engine bay?

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
I did spray the plastic engine cover and the fuse box in a kinda orange red, but put it back to black,

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've bought some red engine dressing kit to do some of the pipes and I'd like the fuse box and engine cover dipped in carbon effect. I'm off to jap show next weekend so I'm sure I'll be getting more goodies lol

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
Them shows only put more ideas in your head, lol, yeh I think hydro dipped engine cover and fuse box cover would look fantastic, and would last for a long time and the drew up kit for the pipes is a great idea

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'd rather not replace existing pipes with red ones as chances are I can't fit them back on properly lol, so I'd rather use the conduit engine kit which wraps around them.

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
Yes I done something similar on a Honda I had back in the day, it did look good, and can be taken off if you end up changing your mind on the colour, and it dose not damage any of the OEM pipes

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My old ep3 shape Honda I did pink hosing in engine bay and my Scooby had pink too

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
That would have looked nice, I used to love them Scooby's, it's a phase I went through,

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I loved my Scooby but my purse didn't. This was my Scooby and the engine bay in my civic

1 - 20 of 80 Posts