2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Genuine iPod Adapter, recent cable ?

Hi everybody,
I'm lucky to have an original HONDA iPod adapter in my type-R, unfortunately the 30pins connector is a bit old. I would like to know if there is a recent (genuine, not cheap adapter) cable like a Lightning, Micro USB, USB? type-C to replace the old one?

the cable seem to be like this : click here

I would like to keep this original accessory

Thank you for the help you can give me in this research :)

François

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Hi, i am afraid that is not possible, you have to be stuck on Apple unfortunately .. I have facelift Civic and that has proper USB inside of glove box, maybe it will be possible to do retrofit? i think on Wiki is a scheme how to, but not sure..

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
@niiii You could try one of these and get whichever adapter you need to fit on the usb
https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/MA591ZM/C/apple-dock-connector-to-usb-cable

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Seems Apple have stopped doing the 30 pin to lightning adaptor but you can still get them on ebay like this one

Only get the genuine ones, as copies allow charging but not music to pass through. Been using one for a while in my BMW. This assumes you have an iPhone.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys, thanks for all your answers,

Sad news :serious: big adapter seem to be the only way to keep the accessory... it result in staying with iPhone :crying:
retrofit a usb armrest sound good to me, it look genuine and universal (i'm not married to apple)

I will search in this way, hard to found rhd parts here, armrest/radio. I will check regular ebay uk to found great prices

Thanks

François

1 - 5 of 5 Posts