2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
4,354 Posts
AH. Enough light for selfies? I had completely forgotten about that aspect. :ROFLMAO: There was me under the completely wrong idea that a car was a means of getting from A to B, not a bloody photographic studio with overhead lighting and an ever changing background.:eek:

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
I find it difficult to understand why peeps get so excited about pano/sun roofs. What is the attraction about seeing a wide expanse of sky? What is the attraction of the excessive noise/wind with an open sun roof when the climate control will keep you at a comfortable temp without the aforementioned disadvantages? And that's not to mention the rattles. I wish that my model had been supplied without one.
You sound like you dont like convertibles either!:p:D I went with panorama roof purely because it was as close to open top I could get in a normal car compared to my previous cars. Also the extra light inside the cabin gives it a more open feel which I quite enjoyed.

I love having the pan roof in mine and also always have the blinds open. Just great for getting extra light inside on gloomy days especially. I could be wrong but I would think the problem of the blinds sticking may only be present on earlier models. I believe the problem was due to the type of grease Honda used to lubricate the little guides, which would dry up causing them to stick (or something like that anyway) They either changed the grease or redesigned the guides after realising the problem although I couldn't swear to there not being any more issues. Mines an 06 and the front blind sticks slightly but can be opened with a little assistance. Back one opens fine and both close fine.
I had an early 55 plate 2006 Civic and mine was perfect when opening and closing. The only time it had an issue was when a passenger tried to manually open it. That didnt work out too well.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Both! Blind got a bit stuck after the snap back but the passenger's fingers wasnt happy about it. :LOL:

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Got it in one. What's the point. You might as well have a bike :ROFLMAO: :love:
Not even with a hard top on? I swapped out my Civic for one cause it was cheaper overall to run when you take into account the ULEZ that is coming in for me.

Dont get me wrong I still have a hardtop for the colder times though if I was allowed at the time to get my full bike licence things might have been different now!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts