2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I purchased a Type S GT last weekend and after having some steering issues (please see my thread for details: http://www.civinfo.com/forum/wheels-tyres-suspension-brakes/119618-very-light-unstable-steering-motorway-speeds.html#post1868659) I had the alignment checked today and found the rears to be out. Please see the print out below:

Could this be contributing to the light steering at high speeds do you think?

I would like to know what shims I would need to correct this and a price for them please.

I also feel this could be a good excuse to bring the car up to you and have a FRSU done.. what would be the difference between only having the front done or both the front and rear?

What is your weekend availability like towards the end of this month?

Thanks in advance.

Phil

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Hi Phil.

Looking at your printout, if we were to get the same readings on our alignment rig we would advise fitting at least a couple of rear shims. We would need to reduce the passenger rear camber by around half a degree (which will effect toe), and tweak the toe on both sides.

Are you on standard suspension, or have any plans to go lower? This will obviously effect geo readings and would be best carried out before the FRS.

The first weekend we have available at the moment is the 28th

Hope this makes sense,

Rich

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Rich.

Currently on standard suspension and will be for at least the foreseeable future.

Assuming you got the same readout, would you advise to go for a FRS front and back?

I would appreciate someone putting my mind at rest regarding the steering feel at higher speeds - I'm not sure if a road test is included with thr FRS but perhaps someone could give it a quick blast when I bring it up? I am sure you guys will know straight away if it's normal.

If you could advise a price and book me in for the 28th that would be perfect.

Thanks,

Phil

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
You do have quite a lot of toe out on the rear, so that won't help the feel of the car, especially at speeds. We aim for around 2mm toe in, to keep the rear stable at speeds so i'm pretty certain you'd feel a big improvement if you went for a full front and rear setup.

Could you give me a call sometime today, i'll take some details off you and a small booking deposit and get you booked in.

A cost based on using a maximum of 4 shims is £224.00 inc VAT and all labour. Job time is between 2 and 3 hours.

Rich

1 - 5 of 5 Posts