2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I realise the majority of questions and mods have all been answered and built many times over but I'd like to start a thread to ask more questions and and do more mods.

I'm really enjoying the car so far and had a warm welcome in the "Introduce Yourself" thread but I've got a few things planned for the car and no doubt could sponge some more helpful advice/information from the forum as I go along.

Here it is the day I picked it up. My wife insists it needs a name, I told her I don't know any Japanese so it's still un-named...

Whoever had it before me decided to replace the gearknob. I don't condone their choice as it was put on with a roll of insulation tape to increase the diameter of the gearstick which leaked sticky gunge everywhere.

This was soon replaced with a second hand skunk2 which was like new and at the same time ordered matching car mats as the old ones were worn through.

Would like to swap the gaiter over to one with red stitching but it's not a priority. Probably get done when I put he short shift on.

While I'm still on the styling I was never keen on the Geordi Laforge grille so swapped it out with one from Cox, arrived very promptly, came with instructions and new clips, I'm impressed. Unfortunately didn't realise we got loyalty discount, applied for it after purchasing for full price.

My phone camera broke a couple of days ago so the pictures aren't sideways for artistic effect. Took them with the front camera, which is harder than it sounds.

Nice and easy 20min job but only so from reading through the "How To" section so thank you all for posting the guides up.

Still got alot planned so there'll be more photos up soon. Got some Wurth plast pt black plastic dye coming in the next few days for the faded plastics, along with a pair of Merc boot struts. Previous owner had new number plates made as the ones that are on are a bit grubby which will be going on too. Will start looking how I want soon.

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
The grill change makes a big difference on the way the car looks, i did mine quite late into my build, wish i had done it way sooner, but well done and keep the mods going

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I think so too, gives it a more aggressive look.

I wanted to take the silver H that come with the new grille and paint it red before putting it back on but soon as the grille come from Cox I got excited and put it on. Also want to take the silver H off the steering wheel to paint the same colour.

Not sure how they're removed cleanly though, don't really want to have to get new ones, paint them, smash the old ones off then fit the painted ones.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another parcel came today, the Merc boot struts! They're much better than what I had before, they seem lively. Rated 580N and lift the boot all the way to the top quite quick, I can see why they were described as an uppercut on one of the other threads about them. It's a warm day though and they'll wear in over time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ten minute easy job for £15, only need a medium flathead. I was sick of the boot clonking my head after pushing it up the last third of the way, was driving me nuts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's alright, I'll be pestering you about your car soon enough. There's a couple of things on yours I'd like to do

1 - 20 of 25 Posts