2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get in behind the dash in the passenger side to try to find whatever is causing a rattle there (it's something to do with the glove box door, as it stops when I open the door, plus I think there may be some wiring that's loose as well. I've had a look in the how to guides, and they seem to cover gettin in to the centre an drivers side, nothing for the glove box side. Has anyone been behind the glove box? Is there a guide to help me out?

Thanks,

Dave.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Pretty sure that you need the centre console out to get the glovebox out. I tried to remove mine a while back and no amount of pulling got it out, then found that on the right side of the box it's lipped inside the centre console from what i could see. My door also used to rattle. I found some play in it when it was shut. To cure it i applied a couple of layers of black electrical tape on the edge of where the door latches up. it then holds the door further in against the rubber bump stops.

I shall be looking into dash rattles further this week as i have a XCarlink to install so need the radio out.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
The panel underneath the glovebox it's a simple push fit. Theres a few wires connected to it for the footwell lighting, maybe one of those? It also exposes enough space to fit your hand up the back of the glovebox to look around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.