2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having owned the car for less than a month it has already been back twice to fix a dent in the door, a clicking clutch and a rattle near my right ear somewhere.

The rattle is still there and another part has been ordered for the clutch, so another visit is required.

Then yesterday it rained for the first time since I've had the car. Pulling away with the wipers on there was an awful rattle which I can best describe as a loud bird chirping sound. I had already asked the dealer to do the windscreen cowl fix pre delivery so suspect they just didn't bother, unless any of you reckon its something else?

Consequently I'm a fed up!:(

·
Registered
412 Posts
YO KABOOOOOM ...Sorry ya not feelin the love for the car man ...Got the bird chirp on my CTR ....And clickin clutch ...And plenty of rattles ...Dont make ya feel any better ....But ya aint in the minority ....ON A STEEL HORSE I RIDE

·
Wigan Warriors
1,052 Posts
1 x stereo to level 10 or above ….. solves this problem ;), but in all seriousness keep bugging the stealers as much as the noise is bugging you, hey should eventually get the message :)

·
Premium Member
1,050 Posts
Know what you mean Kaboooooooooom. Mines been back three times since February for minor faults one of which Ive ended up sorting myself cos my dealer is useless.
Luckily for me I dont have the problem with the clutch (yet) and Im rattle free apart from the occasional noise from behind the dashboard.

But despite all this I still love the car !

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
My clutch clicks since I have had a new installed due to clutch slip, but I have to say it just doesn't bother me in the slightest.

RE the rattle behind your right ear. I had one of those but it turned out to be the rear passengers seat belt knocking against the bit of plastic between seat and door.

The best way to find a rattle is to have someone else in the car while you drive that is hunting around for it.

Locating a noise in a car is not an easy task, its location is always mis-leading.

Good luck!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
YO KABOOOOOM ...Sorry ya not feelin the love for the car man ...Got the bird chirp on my CTR ....And clickin clutch ...And plenty of rattles ...Dont make ya feel any better ....But ya aint in the minority ....ON A STEEL HORSE I RIDE
What is the bird chirp all about? Is it the windscreen cowl or something else?

·
Registered
412 Posts
YO KABOOOOOM .....Nice to talk with ya man ....On this site someone i am sure had this problem as well ....And all thats needed is to adjust the wiper arm base ......As when it moves back and forwards it rubs on the plastic base ...Hope ya got that in real time man ...No need for takin the cowl off ...Maybe one of guys on here will remember it and point ya to the light .....ON A STEEL HORSE I RIDE

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sorry to hear about your civ mate, did they actually fix that clicking clutch? my civ does that too, its a little annoying, i can live with it but if it can be fixed i wouldnt mind getting it done.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry to hear about your civ mate, did they actually fix that clicking clutch? my civ does that too, its a little annoying, i can live with it but if it can be fixed i wouldnt mind getting it done.
The clicking clutch was down to the cruise control switch, which the dealer demonstrated to me while I was there. Unfortunately the replacement did the same as did all other civics in the showroom. The dealer contacted Honda who described it as a characteristic of the car: both dealer and I find this unacceptable. The car is now booked in with another local dealer more convenient to where I work. They've ordered another part (not sure which) as the reckon they can fix it. I had this on my CRV too which they replaced the master cylinder for but it still clicked and eventually they suppressed the click for a while with a grease overload. Needless to say the darn click returned!

There's also other threads on here that talk about a flexing gearbox as the cause.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
YO KABOOOOOM .....Nice to talk with ya man ....On this site someone i am sure had this problem as well ....And all thats needed is to adjust the wiper arm base ......As when it moves back and forwards it rubs on the plastic base ...Hope ya got that in real time man ...No need for takin the cowl off ...Maybe one of guys on here will remember it and point ya to the light .....ON A STEEL HORSE I RIDE

Anybody else point me at how to adjust the wiper arm base and get rid of the bird chirp?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts