2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
MY09 Milano CTR Driver
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... could it happen this time!?!?!

Heading to the Honda Garage either tomorrow night or Thursday night, hoping for tomorrow but depends on if I can get away from work early as I was on leave all last week. Spoke to the Sales Manager today regarding getting my hands on a 59 plate modal and he said he currently has 2 in stock that he needs to sell and promises to offer me a good deal.

The models he has are:
1) Milano GT with optional Rages fitted
2) Championship White (Standard)

He would not commit to a price on the phone as he said he could not offer a confirmed price for either model until we met in person and talked about what I could afford, what he could afford to sell for, deposits, finance options etc... etc... Not sure if thats a good thing or not but it did give me the sense that he wanted to offer me a good deal... What do you think?

I did ask again towards the end of the call for a price, and he said "All I can say is that I have the 2 models and I need to sell them... I am sure we can come to an agreement and I promise you I will look after you and give you the best deal possible".

I don't want to get too excited but after the disappointment of not getting a 58 plate one last year, I really do feel good about it this time around...

Sorry for going on and on and on...

Darren

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Hey Darren,

I went to Marshall on livingstone road last week,

I saw the Red one with rages fitted, price was £17980, discounted from £22k....dont know where the 22k came from..

Guy said they only deal was 35% deposit and 0% for 3 years, came out to £325 a yr..

Is it that one you will be looking at? let me know what deal you got

·
MY09 Milano CTR Driver
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tell me about it Robbo... Fingers Crossed!!

Hi Jason... Its not that one mate, its one in York. The guy in York spoke about that deal, but said he could even work on a deal that had 0% deposit, but until we sat down and talked about how much I could put into the car and about how much I could afford monthly etc... Plus what he was willing to sell for then he could not work out a contract term and/or an APR for it. I am hoping to aim for a 5.9% APR deal as I have at least 10% deposit... this would either leave me with a PCP deal or a HP deal I think.

All will come clear when I get in there and bash some numbers around... but its a move in the right direction at least - and finally I might be a happy man!! :)

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
yeh, the 5.9% APR sounds good, 10% deposit and works out cheaper per month, but its £6k final payment

so you're spending 11k and not having a car at the end of it :/

·
MY09 Milano CTR Driver
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeh, the 5.9% APR sounds good, 10% deposit and works out cheaper per month, but its £6k final payment

so you're spending 11k and not having a car at the end of it :/
Yeah true if you work it over 3 years on PCP, but thats exactly how PCP works... so you are getting exactly what you expect no surprises. The other option as I mentioned is taking that same deal over a 5 year HP, where you would pay more (due to interest) but own the car in the end.

Both options have their Pro's and Con's, and I am not sure which is the best way to go to be honest and I will seek advice from the dealer on this and then go away with his thoughts and my own and see what makes the most sense.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
hmm shame the 3 yr 0% aint still on, cos i would have thought 10k trade in after 3 yrs is achieveable, meaning spending 8k on a car. 10k trade in for the next model

·
MY09 Milano CTR Driver
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmm shame the 3 yr 0% aint still on, cos i would have thought 10k trade in after 3 yrs is achieveable, meaning spending 8k on a car. 10k trade in for the next model
As far as I am aware the 35% deposit and 0% for 3 years is still on... It is still advertised on the Honda Site and the man at the Honda Garage confirmed that option today also. 35% is well out of the question for me, I am looking more around the 10% mark, hence why PCP could be an option.

If the car is worth 10k in 3 years and you have taken PCP with a final payment of 6k, you can hand the car back and that would still give you 4k towards the next model you wanted. Thats the main advantage of PCP... if you really do think you will be keeping the car for more than 3 years then its obviously the best option to go for HP.

I guess it comes down to the individual and also as to how long realistically you think you will be keeping the car for... PCP would also offer the option to hand the car back and pay nothing, now as you have said you could of spent 10k-11k in this time and have nothing to show for it, however the car might have depreciated 10k, so realistically you have not lost anything (except your deposit) as the car is only worth what you still owe, due to the depreciation.

The options are there... I need to see both the cars this week, talk about a price and a deal for each and then decide what options works best for me. I also want to negotiate the 5 Years Servicing into the deal and GAP Insurance. The Servicing can save many £££'s, and I just feel the GAP is good protection when buying an expensive car, as it covers for many shortfalls etc...

Exciting times... and hopefully within the next few weeks I will own one (FINALLY!!!)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Did this change recently? I went for the 0% over 3 years last week. They were also doing a "VIP" deal at my local Honda, which meant a 12% discount on all cars, might be worth seeing if any other dealers are doing similar, I'm not sure how long that is running for. Also don't let them sell you the iPod kit on a 59 (worse than built in USB), that's in another thread.

22k sounds like the GT with Rages and Satnav?

·
Registered
323 Posts
The £2k off retail price offer is funded by Honda, so you should get more off (out of the dealers margins) especially as they have the car in stock. I would aim for another £500 or more off the price. Also if you want any extras eg premium floor mats either get them thrown in as a part of the deal or at least get them at a discount as a part of the deal. I paid £60 for mine (retail at £99).

If the red one has satnav them check that it is an 09 car and not an 08 car (look at the VIN). Honda are currently offering the £2K off on satnav ones for 08 and 09 - which suggests that there are still some around.

BTW, I also got the 5 year service package - good value at £540.

·
loving my black alloys :)
510 Posts
get the red one fella :)

had mine a week and love it - ha ha

Dal

·
MY09 Milano CTR Driver
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The £2k off retail price offer is funded by Honda, so you should get more off (out of the dealers margins) especially as they have the car in stock. I would aim for another £500 or more off the price. Also if you want any extras eg premium floor mats either get them thrown in as a part of the deal or at least get them at a discount as a part of the deal. I paid £60 for mine (retail at £99).

If the red one has satnav them check that it is an 09 car and not an 08 car (look at the VIN). Honda are currently offering the £2K off on satnav ones for 08 and 09 - which suggests that there are still some around.

BTW, I also got the 5 year service package - good value at £540.
Yeah thats what I was thinking... if he has it in stock then I should get a better deal, especially as he did say he "needs" to sell... buyers market still I think? It doesn't have SatNav but does have Rages, not sure how much they would cost the dealer though, and I am hoping the Mats are already in there, if not will try and get them in. He has confirmed its a 09, as it has the HID's and USB etc...

Civic Type-R GT With Rages (No SatNav): OTR is £21,730... so if we work on the following.

£21,730 - £2000 (Honda Discount) = £19,730

So basically I need to work on negotiating down from that price, and I am ideally wanting to get the car for £18,000... However that could be a little more discount that he wants to give, but we will see.

Not sure on the OTR of the White though, but I do know it will be harder to bargain a price for that as they are more in demand etc...

Service Package is something I am interested in too, and heard you can get that upto 8 months or 8000 miles after purchase, so will wait till I have some money for that...

Cheers

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yeah thats what I was thinking... if he has it in stock then I should get a better deal, especially as he did say he "needs" to sell... buyers market still I think? It doesn't have SatNav but does have Rages, not sure how much they would cost the dealer though, and I am hoping the Mats are already in there, if not will try and get them in. He has confirmed its a 09, as it has the HID's and USB etc...

Civic Type-R GT With Rages (No SatNav): OTR is £21,730... so if we work on the following.

£21,730 - £2000 (Honda Discount) = £19,730

So basically I need to work on negotiating down from that price, and I am ideally wanting to get the car for £18,000... However that could be a little more discount that he wants to give, but we will see.

Not sure on the OTR of the White though, but I do know it will be harder to bargain a price for that as they are more in demand etc...

Service Package is something I am interested in too, and heard you can get that upto 8 months or 8000 miles after purchase, so will wait till I have some money for that...

Cheers
£19,730 for a Type R GT + Rage's is not a good deal to begin with mate. My local dealer is selling Brand new Type R GT's OTR for £17,500, £18,500 with Rage's & thats with out doing any sort of a deal.

·
MY09 Milano CTR Driver
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
£19,730 for a Type R GT + Rage's is not a good deal to begin with mate. My local dealer is selling Brand new Type R GT's OTR for £17,500, £18,500 with Rage's & thats with out doing any sort of a deal.
I never thought £19,730 was a deal either to be honest, was simply stating the values using Honda's £2000 discount based on the OTR prices.

£18,500 would sound okay with me, however I would like to work more towards the £18,000 mark... what are my chances though?

Which is your local dealer?

Thanks

·
Registered
323 Posts
Do you really, really want the Rages (£1750 less any discount that you can get)?

If not then it might be worthwile ringing a few other dealers where you might get a 'standard' Red GT for closer to £17000 if they have one in stock?

·
MY09 Milano CTR Driver
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Do you really, really want the Rages (£1750 less any discount that you can get)?

If not then it might be worthwile ringing a few other dealers where you might get a 'standard' Red GT for closer to £17000 if they have one in stock?
I would like them, but not for the price so you do have a point with what you are saying as I would rather save the £1750. Hmmm might ring another dealer or 2 and see what they have stock wise etc...

Thanks for the suggestion... I mean why pay for something that is not actually essential to your original needs...!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Inchcape Honda,
Romford
Essex 0845 128 7610

Type R GT with rage's £18.500 to close the deal IMO they would accept 18k As that price is for Met paint which Milano aint.

IMO Type R's need the rage's and your kick your self if you dont get them.

1 - 20 of 139 Posts