2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Cool website Guys

Im getting rid of my 03 Civic CDTi and picking up my Black 08 TypeR GT on Tuesday, I feel like a kid on the run up to Christmas!:party:

Duecut

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello All,

Cool website Guys

Im getting rid of my 03 Civic CDTi and picking up my Black 08 TypeR GT on Tuesday, I feel like a kid on the run up to Christmas!:party:

Duecut
Yep, gets you like that!, i was the same, i dont think you will regret it.
Oh, and welcome.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Yep, gets you like that!, i was the same, i dont think you will regret it.
Oh, and welcome.
I know for a fact that you won't.

......and welcome from Millie and me as well!

......see! I don't alway knock NHB!

"I'm the only man in the world with clenched hair!"

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Welcome to you ! Real Christmas present really ;-)

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got my toy today, Dam it fun!! Not had a smile on my face like this in a long time! :D

Then it got dark and I cant get the main lights to work :confused:, I get the front fog lights, Side lights and Full Beam to work. But both main lights dont work (I even read the car manual)

Now I need to find a local Honda dealer to get it fixed (I got my toy from motorpoint)

·
P1259 ODB-II
267 Posts
Got my toy today, Dam it fun!! Not had a smile on my face like this in a long time! :D

Then it got dark and I cant get the main lights to work :confused:, I get the front fog lights, Side lights and Full Beam to work. But both main lights dont work (I even read the car manual)

Now I need to find a local Honda dealer to get it fixed (I got my toy from motorpoint)
If the CTR came from MotorPoint then I dare say it hasn't had a proper Honda UK PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection). I'm sure your local dealer will rectify that for a fee. Don't forget to get the warranty transfered / setup in your name as well. Will help if there are any product recalls.

BUT before you go to the dealer, try pulling the left stalk all the way back until the Full beam comes on. Chances are the stalks been knocked into the forward position (ie Full Beam on 24/7) and just need dropping back a notch.

Sounds silly to say it but I've had a few customers come back over the years with this exact problem. Almost as bad as the passenger's window not working...!!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hello All,

Cool website Guys

Duecut
Congratulations!!! Black Type R must look really elegant :cool: but why not deep bronze? ;)

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If the CTR came from MotorPoint then I dare say it hasn't had a proper Honda UK PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection).
Krysten, Your dam right they didnt do the PDI. The head lights were both broken, how can the let a car off their forcourt without the Lights working??:?::confused::mad::confused:

Took it to my local dealer, wasnt to optimistic about this as Ive used them in the past and they wernt very good, however now they seem to be bending over backwards to help me.

Anyway found out Motorpoint imported the car from cyprus and they didnt tell honda UK that the car was back in the country, honda UK now need proof the car is back in the UK before they'll validate the warrenty, so now I have to wait on my V5 coming through the door before I can get that sorted.

The Car is FANTASTIC, but a tip for anyone thinking of getting a new car from motorpoint, DONT! Learn from my mistake.

Their customer service is Atrocious, the Deals seem really good at first glance but arent. At the end of the day I only saved about £600 once you take into account the additional charges and the pittyful amount they give you for a trade-in.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Hi everyone,i too am like a big kid trading my 07 crv in,pick my type r gt up on monday,just want to sleep till its time to pick it up!!!lol great site. ps decided on a silver one,my crv is black,stone chips galore,why put white primer on a black car!!!!

·
P1259 ODB-II
267 Posts
Krysten, Your dam right they didnt do the PDI. The head lights were both broken, how can the let a car off their forcourt without the Lights working??:?::confused::mad::confused:

Anyway found out Motorpoint imported the car from cyprus and they didnt tell honda UK that the car was back in the country.

The Car is FANTASTIC, but a tip for anyone thinking of getting a new car from motorpoint, DONT! Learn from my mistake.

At the end of the day I only saved about £600 once you take into account the additional charges and the pittyful amount they give you for a trade-in.
Don't forget that you're 600 better off. £600 is £600.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts