2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Only recently bought my first honda civic and first car for that matter, nighthawk black pearl 1.4.

What are the easiest modifications etc. for a beginner like myself to start with? All suggestions are welcome.

Couldn't find a similar thread but could be just me being useless.

Thanks in advance :)
Robbie

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
;)Welcome to the forum, there are loads of suggestions for mods on here, have a quick look through the Forum. Good hunting!!

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
Depends how far you want to stray from stock, and your personal tastes really! I'd say basic stuff would be upgrading the standard headlight bulbs (I found mine shockingly poor), upgrading the brakes (same), a lot of people change the plexiglass front grille for the sport or type-R version too.

Changing the interior bulbs for LEDs can be a very cheap but effective mod, as well as footwell lights.

Once you start though, there'll always be a "next mod" in the pipeline lol, it's a drug.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
What are the easiest modifications etc. for a beginner like myself to start with? All suggestions are welcome
I think adding a Civinfo sticker would be a good start! ;)

·
OMG8THGENEX
840 Posts
Once you start though, there'll always be a "next mod" in the pipeline lol, it's a drug.
Ooooh so true... It starts with an alloy tax disc holder... next thing you know you're booking in for fast road set up and a mugen wing! :p
There should be a rehab for this kind of stuff!

·
I drive my Mistress...
874 Posts
The two limiting factors are your imagination and your wallet :D
And sometimes the Misses permission!!! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Go with the Flo...
1,139 Posts
First thing i bought for mine was a new sport grill. Actually had it before i even picked the car up! :laugh:
a couple of cheap bits i had not long after getting the car was the metal footrest to match the pedals. Then foglight blanks with a silver frame. Also had the Type-R 'knobbly' dash pannel to replace the gloss black one. Ive since changed that for carbon though.

It does depend on budget, things like 18'' wheels, lowering, Type-R bodykit, Clear rear indicators, Type-S seats were other things i ended up doing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts