2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help here - I need to get back in love with my CTR again. Biggest problem I have is that the Winter before last someone hit my car when it was really bad weather and drove off so I had to repair it myself costing nearly a grand. Insurance claim wasn't an option due to my claims in the past (non my fault either!) and excess so I had to take the hit.
The problem is the bumper and grille no longer fit quite how they did, it isnt much out but I know it isn't right; its made worse by the fact that the bumper is a known issue which makes me think I will never get my car right again.
Do I just need to give it a clean and a VTEC blast more often to get me back into the groove?

·
The Guru
4,207 Posts
Get out and do it. it might just be worth getting a local bodyshop just having a look and giving you a quote to get it lined up properly

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
i've kinda lost the love for mine too, not even had it 3 months and its been in the garage for about 2 weeks and 6 times

·
Premium Member
273 Posts

·
Milano with a bit of NHB
446 Posts
If it bothers you that much get it sorted. Must admit i enjoy driving mine, weather puts a downer on things aswell maybe a local meet to inspire you to get some goodies for the type R.

P.s not seen you around your local to me

·
Premium Member
6,705 Posts
As above, take it to a bodyshop and let them have a look.

Just steer clear of Central Bodyshop in my opinion. A neighbour's car and the wife's car had a small kiss in the snow recently and we agreed to pay for two scratches to be repaired on the bumper of his car as a good will gesture. £245 later we got the impression that Central Bodyshop aren't the cheapest! He arranged the repairs and he's an old man so we didn't have the heart to ask him to trail round for a cheaper quote...

So shop around for a few different quotes!

I've used Smooth Gear in Leyland and they are good honest folks.

If it bothers you that much get it sorted. Must admit i enjoy driving mine, weather puts a downer on things aswell maybe a local meet to inspire you to get some goodies for the type R.

P.s not seen you around your local to me
I live in the same town and I don't think I've ever seen either of you! :p

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Pop down and spend the day with us. That will give you back your Type-R Mojo. ;)
Got good bodyshop round the corner as well if you want to have a chat with them. :)

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
I've found that with the better weather I can really chuck the r into corners. Also if you really want to know why you bought an R, drive any diesel. I had to drive someones diesel golf and then jumped straight back into the CTR. It makes you appreciate what you have

1 - 11 of 11 Posts