2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Now im happy with the exterior of my car, as soon as i get my run around car For work and back, i was hoping someone would be able to advise me on getting my FN2 to roughly 300BHP (i think i read the max may be 280bhp)

i understand this is going to be costly, and it's going to be a project i hope to have with TDi North over the course of a year, year and a half.

Can anyone shed light? Mods required, estimated cost, potential draw backs?

Cheers,

GG93

·
#darkside
2,238 Posts
Youll need intake manifold, exhaust manifold, cams, valve springs etc. Youll then need a decent intake, a larger TB, probably porting of the head, intake mani etc. An 3" system of sorts, uprated oil pump and an overbore of a couple of mm + pistons to accommodate. If your not interested in the pistons and bore work etc then an K24 bottom end or a stroker kit from the likes of Toda for example will be required. Youll also need uprated injectors and a fuel pump to cover everything.

BHP from that lot should see 280-310 with a decent map from TDI.

Id hazard a guess that an lightweight flywheel and decent clutch will be required too.

Draw backs - no return on investment really when you come to sell it. About £6k worth of work and parts if not more to hit that power NA.

(with K24 bottom end)
£700 - exhaust
£500 - mani
£400 - intake mani
£450 - flashpro
£1500 - labour
£1000 - cams
£350 - oil pump
£100 - fuel pump
£250 - injectors
£700 - k24 bottom end.
£300 - TB
£200 - valve springs etc
£450 - intake
£350 - Mapping

(With stroker kit)
£700 - exhaust
£500 - mani
£400 - intake mani
£450 - flashpro
£1500 - labour
£1000 - cams
£350 - oil pump
£100 - fuel pump
£250 - injectors
£2000 - stroker kit
£300 - TB
£200 - valve springs etc
£450 - intake
£350 - Mapping

(over sized pistons + bore)
£700 - exhaust
£500 - mani
£400 - intake mani
£450 - flashpro
£2000 - labour
£1000 - cams
£350 - oil pump
£100 - fuel pump
£250 - injectors
£1500 - pistons
£300 - TB
£200 - valve springs etc
£450 - intake
£350 - Mapping

But as said, you then have clutch, lsd, flywheel, brakes, suspension upgrades etc etc to see all the benefits rather than just in a straight line which could see another £6k and all those options above are likely cutting corners.

Reactions: JackW and gg93

·
#darkside
2,238 Posts
Basically you need 15 - 18 k to do it right and have a car to take it .

And then someone in a 14k BMW will still pass you

Ninja'd with a short and sweet answer but yea, £12-15k cutting corners and likely as much as £20k if you don't. #expense!

Reactions: gg93

·
#darkside
2,238 Posts
£15k?! Jeez. Better if I turbo it then?
Not really if you wanted NA.. a SC is the closest youll get to the NA feel when it comes to forced induction as power delivery is more linear.

Reactions: gg93

·
#darkside
2,238 Posts
thanks Andrew! wish i can give double thanks! :p
Hmmm i do love the sound of a supercharger! I think that will be the direction to go for me...

i take it its roughly the same to SC a FN2 as TC? 5K ish?
Youll have to drive both if possible or be taken out in both.

99% of people given the option would probably go turbo but your looking at an extra £1k.. have a look at allagios thread in the mod section. last page has his graph and hagans. Power is completely different so ignore that but if you look at the curve youll see that the delivery is completely different

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
If you like the sound of a charger then you should hear a boosted one!

But then if youre wanting to keep it as close to NA as possible then a charger would be more ideal instead of spending huge amount of money...

If it was me... I would sell the FN2 and save that huge lump of money you was gonna splash on that car and put a deposit in for a 2nd hand GTR ;)

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
300bhp NA? Just buy a 350z for £4k mate and be done with it ;)

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
I'd personally only consider trying for 300bhp NA if i was wanting to track the car and was prepared to take out the interior, swap seats etc to make it light and more agile. For the road and just wanting a faster civic then supercharged or turbo is a decent option in my opinion! It's definitely a lot of fun shocking people who think they can just cruise past you :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts