2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

For the last three weeks I have been trying to source an OEM spoiler for a reasonable outlay without much luck (One breaker wanted £215 but wouldn't even describe the condition let alone a photo!)

That has now lead me to this, I have absolutely zero knowledge of fibreglass apart from a couple of kids trying to make a few things that looked well dodgy & flimsy in CDT class whilst I was still in school many, many moons ago. How sturdy are these things & how well do they hold up long term? Can anyone let me know how they've gotten on with kit they've bought from BK-R, Type R Kits & any others that may be out there? BK-R say they offer a 100% fitment guarantee (Is that worth the paper (Web page) it's written on?) & they supposedly come with brackets & fixing bolts which would be a bonus. Then there's also the hassle of taking it to a bodyshop to be prepped & sprayed too.

Cheers :)

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody on here bought any of these companies or others GFRP kit recently or had anything made of the stuff on their car long term?

·
A wizard is never late...
793 Posts
I don't know of anyone buying anything from BK-R but that's not to say it's rubbish, only I've not seen any Of the products they sell on a car.

However a lot of people seen to go for the type r kits stuff, so the quality and fitment must be good from them.

Reactions: Cactus Jack

·
Power of Dreams
2,070 Posts
I'm purchasing BK-R parts for more than a year now.

All of them are direct fit and don't need lots of modifications.

The quality is nice and I never had any problem with their GFRP products.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts