2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, looking to buy a civic in the next few weeks and thought I would say hi prematurely. Been browsing the site for a few days now and it's been massively helpful in making my decision... Feel like I've already had the car for a year, there's so much info on it!

Was settled on a ES but then last night I saw a bronze type R and now I don't think I could settle for anything less. Admittedly I can't afford to run a type r, so have decided to get something that is apparently even rarer - type S GT in bronze. First time I've ever spent more than a grand on a car so really want to get exactly what I want... Anyone fancy trading theirs into a dealer for me?! preferably not a million miles from reading either, not asking too much I'm sure :p

Anyway, hi!

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
Welcome along Simian :D

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Hello and welcome! :thumbsup:

If you are just interested in the looks of the car, by all means go for the Type S, if you've test driven the Type R and have fallen for the way it goes, I'd stretch to it. ;)

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
Hi and welcome to the Forum :-D

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
:hello2: and :welcome4: to the site :wave:

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all. Think i have it narrowed down to 3 or 4 cars now, but unfortunately the nearest one is 90 miles away - perfectly willing to drive it but if i buy a car from a Honda dealer up in Brum will i still be able to use my local dealer for warranty issues? (should i have any) Don 't fancy the round trip if i have any problems...

The Type R's look amazing but i think i'm a bit old for such a flash car now :) I think the CTS will be a good compromise - not quite ready for a family car yet, and just changing from a Ford Puma so need something as fun (yeah i know it's a hairdresser's car but most people stop caring after they've driven one)

·
This may be spam
1,504 Posts
Thanks all. Think i have it narrowed down to 3 or 4 cars now, but unfortunately the nearest one is 90 miles away - perfectly willing to drive it but if i buy a car from a Honda dealer up in Brum will i still be able to use my local dealer for warranty issues? (should i have any) Don 't fancy the round trip if i have any problems...

The Type R's look amazing but i think i'm a bit old for such a flash car now :) I think the CTS will be a good compromise - not quite ready for a family car yet, and just changing from a Ford Puma so need something as fun (yeah i know it's a hairdresser's car but most people stop caring after they've driven one)
If it is within Honda warranty (so under 3 years old) you can use any dealership to get it sorted.

·
I drive my Mistress...
874 Posts
Welcome! The CTS GT that you have your eyes on, what motor does it have? When you make a decision, be sure to post pics!!

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome! The CTS GT that you have your eyes on, what motor does it have? When you make a decision, be sure to post pics!!
2.2 derv... wasn't convinced by the reviews of the petrol, but will admit i haven't driven one. Would be easier to get hold of though!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts