2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
"Polishing Maestro"
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have owned this car for roughly 6 months now, but 2 days after buying it I was deployed to Afghan for 3 months so it was left in the cautious hands of Missus ginge to look after.

I had plans to modify it but I was not sure what way to go with it, either cosmetic or more power.

So when I got back I decided to start getting some stuff sorted out and it has taken a fair amount of time to get to where I am at now. Which in all honesty does not look that far but in a couple of weeks it will all come together.

So here it is at the start.

First thing Type R tax disc holder

Next up was the brake tidy up

Followed by a 14hr 2 stage paint correction

new boot light installed

I took a trip to surrey to purchase the GP front from Gaz09 as he had shifted his CTR to make way for a new S2000. I also got a set of fog light protectors off Wanner

A little bit for the interior

New Gaitor, Skunk2 10th anniversary knob and a hat for it

I wanted to change the intake, at this point I had sent parts of my engine bay away to be carbon dipped so I was not sure what to get. A HKS came up at what I thought was a decent price so I went with that.

But if I am honest, it was a little to loud for me and a carbon box would look better along side all the other stuff I had going into the bay.

Johnny was stripping his car back to standard at tegiwa and I could not say no to the box, intake tract, K & N panel filter and both silicone hoses at a great price.

I ordered some black mirror covers from Honda and they took roughly 8 weeks to arrive so I got them fitted.

Then to finish those off I got the little black box of tricks to magically make my mirrors fold in when the car locks

A few items I have collected to go into my bay once it is all fitted, real Mugen cap, some Tegiwa socks and a few stickers

My stuff then came back from Wicked coatings

Then the final thing for a day or two is this little number, I got a spare cover from Spank and took it to a guy to work some magic.

This is where I am at up till now, my birthday is in a couple of days and I have a feeling there will be some hoses, a rad cap and maybe some deflectors coming my way :)

I am also waiting on delivery of a M style Grill and some badges made by coolice as I did not want to put Mugen badges on a fake grill so I have tried to do something different.

Once I manage to get it all fitted ill make a start on getting the rear end sorted :)

·
Honda nut
2,793 Posts
cracking progress some nice personal touches !

Reactions: Ginge7289

·
Space Ranger
970 Posts
The engine cover looks bad was mate motor is coming along nicely

·
"Polishing Maestro"
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Space Ranger
970 Posts
Does the gear knob just unscrew off. Love the skunk gear knob. What's next on the list

·
Registered
32 Posts
Love the progress you make...

Carbon dip... I also wanted to do some parts. Unfortunatealy I don't think there's anybody who does that kind of tricks overhere...

Nice fn!

Grtz

·
"Polishing Maestro"
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does the gear knob just unscrew off. Love the skunk gear knob. What's next on the list
Once you slacken off the nut it screws off, but you need to release the clip that holds the gaitor up without breaking it. There is a how to for it :)

Next up is servicing to get the rocker cover fitted, then rear wing and rear splitter/Bumper not decided just yet.

Love the progress you make...

Carbon dip... I also wanted to do some parts. Unfortunatealy I don't think there's anybody who does that kind of tricks overhere...

Nice fn!

Grtz
You could always pay a little extra for postage and get it sent over here. I put a group buy into "the group buy" section for wicked coatings

·
"Polishing Maestro"
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
looking great so far :) really liking the rocker cover and carbon dipped bits

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
Yeah saw the group buy you posted. I see that was a price for a bundle of bits together. Any idea what they'd charge for just the slam panel to be dipped?

1 - 20 of 178 Posts