2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What price would you expect to get at a dealer for giving my civic back,
Its my 1.8 VTEC vivid blue, ES with spoiler, bluetooth and matching interior blue lights pack. its just had its 3rd Service, and will have done roughly 45,000 at the end of this month theres quite a few stone chips on the bonet, and a small dent above the passenger door handle, (which they said is not a problem). other than that its is in excellent condition!

I'll let you post some realistic figures, then i'll tell you what ive taken for it and tell you what ive ordered, :popcorn:

EDIT = *if any dealers could comment that would be great!!!*

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats good then, i beat more than that out of them, anyone else better than £7000

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
think it depends alot on what you are px-ing it against - i would imagine if you were buying the cw ctr for example dealers are desperate for sales at the min so my guess is you would get 9k for it

stonechips on the bonnet is nothing to a dealer as the bodyshop would spray this in an hour

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Depends what you are paying for the new one. Your PX is high mileage, with incomplete service history, so I would have said £6,000 plus a very good discount on the new car. Or, £10,000 with no discount.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
think it depends alot on what you are px-ing it against - i would imagine if you were buying the cw ctr for example dealers are desperate for sales at the min so my guess is you would get 9k for it

well your the closest, ive got £8400 for it and i am part exing it on a CTR CW, they were reluctant to sell me a white one saying they can do me a much better offer on any of the other colours, and wouldnt knock on the price of the CW.

I was originally offered £7250 and they wee emphasising that, that was if it was in exellent condition. i told em i was wanting alot more and we bartered and came to £8400, now i can find the same car (1.8ES)different colour (NHB), a year newer with 30,000 miles less on the clock for £7499, so i thought £8400 was not too bad a deal. . .

Have I been done?

Then i was told the CTR CW was well over £20k (cant remember the exact figure) and i told em that i'd seen it advertised at £19, x x x . so off the manager popped again and brought down the cost of that too,

I think i've paid £19,750 plus change for the CTR, does anyone know the exact retail price?

Again have i over paid?

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and you saying about dealers desperate for the sale, another thing, the dealer reconed, when they order a CW CTR they MUST order one in a different colour too, and the problem is the other colours aren't selling too well in the current climate, so they will be stuck trying to sell it at bargain price hence no discount on the CW Edition,

Is this dealer having my pants down or what. . .?

I told him thats his problem and not mine and he would have to make it up on the part ex, offer instead which got me closer to what i originally went in thinking (or hoping) i'd get for my car.

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
and you saying about dealers desperate for the sale, another thing, the dealer reconed, when they order a CW CTR they MUST order one in a different colour too, and the problem is the other colours aren't selling too well in the current climate, so they will be stuck trying to sell it at bargain price hence no discount on the CW Edition,

Is this dealer having my pants down or what. . .?

I told him thats his problem and not mine and he would have to make it up on the part ex, offer instead which got me closer to what i originally went in thinking (or hoping) i'd get for my car.
I asked my mate who is a salesman at my local dealer, he said it's a load of lobbocks :D

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Honda Civic ES
1.8 Petrol 5-door Hatchback
6 Speed Manual Front Wheel Drive
Year: 2006 06
Mileage: 45,000

Part-exchange Price:
Excellent condition:
£7160
Average condition:
£6450
Below average condition:
£5740

So these figures are not much use to go by then?

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1st of march :p, i cant wait. . . . .!:p

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks i only like the white one, i wish they did it in the S2000 yellow tho, nothing against the original colours, they just never made me want one really, not to fussed about the internals, test drove a red one and i liked the car so i thought it was the right move at the right time.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
I asked my mate who is a salesman at my local dealer, he said it's a load of lobbocks :D
Well, ask your mate to go chat with his sales manager cos its true. well, sort off. sell a CW CTR and to get another, you must take TWO normal 08 ctr's into stock.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so that is genuine then is it dan
i know they had had 6 CW's sold before i ordered mine
so they would need to shift a few regular ctr's then.

i felt sorry for the salesman to be fair, he was middle aged, not too sharp, said he'd been at loads of dealerships, different manufacturers n such yet he didnt have a clue about civics , was telling me stuff i already had on my ES, and he couldnt negotiate a decent price on my prt ex either, he was too-ing and fro-ing to the managers office and eventually the manager came out himself and sat down with me, who was 10-15 yrs younger (about my age)and we spat a deal out in 5mins. shook hands as he stood back with his eyes rolling, it was quite funny

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Well, ask your mate to go chat with his sales manager cos its true. well, sort off. sell a CW CTR and to get another, you must take TWO normal 08 ctr's into stock.
Actually, the sales manager (Ray at G&M) was by his side and said no at the same time.

Is taking two 08's into stock actually buying them in the usual sense or is it slightly different?

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
so that is genuine then is it dan
i know they had had 6 CW's sold before i ordered mine
so they would need to shift a few regular ctr's then.

i felt sorry for the salesman to be fair, he was middle aged, not too sharp, said he'd been at loads of dealerships, different manufacturers n such yet he didnt have a clue about civics , was telling me stuff i already had on my ES, and he couldnt negotiate a decent price on my prt ex either, he was too-ing and fro-ing to the managers office and eventually the manager came out himself and sat down with me, who was 10-15 yrs younger (about my age)and we spat a deal out in 5mins. shook hands as he stood back with his eyes rolling, it was quite funny
That, I highly doubt, especially with the terms connected to supplying the CW ctr (stocking provisions, each dealer has been set two vehicles with an additional availability of another - 3 per dealer, 200 dealers, 600 units built)

Actually, the sales manager (Ray at G&M) was by his side and said no at the same time.

Is taking two 08's into stock actually buying them in the usual sense or is it slightly different?
You take another CTr and have to also take two 08 ctrs which are non returnable, you have committed to take them from honda stock. That tsaid there are some VERY strong offers available to make the decision between buying the CW CTR and the 08 CTR a very difficult one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts