2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if this option is available on any other hot hatch? There's been some doubts whether the integrity of the car suffers too much or if the extra weight makes the car behave poorly.

I think it's great that Honda are apparently going to offer Type-R buyers the option of more sunlight in their cabin. 8)

I suppose none of the details have been confirmed yet, but let's hope for the best.

WorldCarFans.com said:
Adding to the sporty look is a glass roof, which extends from the windscreen and almost meets the tailgate. Similar to Opel’s Astra Panoramic, this will give drivers a unique view of the road ahead, as well as allowing lots of extra light into the cabin. It's likely to be an optional extra, with a price tag of around 1 000 Euros.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Personally i cannot see that coming to a Type R. More of a gimmick than a race car add on. Unless i weighs alot less than a conventinal roof.

·
您看了
456 Posts
Type-R will not be available with a glass roof.

I would put money on it. All the rumours are pointing to the R being a seriously stripped out machine. Fingers crossed.

However........

With the arrival of the non Type-R 3 door car I would not be surprised if they launched a new Type-S with glass roof on the options list.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
CivPilot said:

I would put money on it. All the rumours are pointing to the R being a seriously stripped out machine. Fingers crossed.

However........

With the arrival of the non Type-R 3 door car I would not be surprised if they launched a new Type-S with glass roof on the options list.
I have just been speaking to my Honda dealer, apparently the hot topic is the Type-R GT. This will come with a glass roof. He couldnt give me many details, needless to say he was quite excited about it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
kevin_lufc said:
CivPilot said:

However........

I have just been speaking to my Honda dealer, apparently the hot topic is the Type-R GT. This will come with a glass roof. He couldnt give me many details, needless to say he was quite excited about it.
Dealers are usually the last to know anything about cars. So i would have absolutely no faith in what he said. And thats being polite about it.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Big ARG said:
kevin_lufc said:
CivPilot said:

However........

:oops: is this me being a bit green around the gills so to speak?
Dealers are usually the last to know anything about cars. So i would have absolutely no faith in what he said. And thats being polite about it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
kevin_lufc said:
Big ARG said:
kevin_lufc said:
CivPilot said:

However........

:oops: is this me being a bit green around the gills so to speak?
The dealer not you. If you take it i mean't you . :oops:

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Type-R will come in a GT spec which will have extra features such as Dual-Zone Climate, Rain Sensing Wipers, Auto-On Headlamp etc....

Exact Spec is still to be confirmed.

The 3dr Type-S GT will have a glass roof however, so it is possible the Type-R Will as well

We will all just have to wait and see.

Full details should be with all the dealers the 1st week of September

·
Kids use a lot of space
806 Posts
This looks like a bit of a lottery. Still I'd be confident that the glass roof won't make the transfer to the Type R mainly due to weight. The whole car is so much heavier than the old CTR. I expect there will be a few weight savings going on to make it better than the old model and not slower.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts